• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions Shedhorn

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Saw a you tube video on the traditions shed horn muzzloader. New for 2023. Comes in flintlock or with a musket nipple. Synthetic and wooden stock. I believe a24 in barrel. Interesting thing is that the breech plug is removable much like an inline. Any comments or experiences if you've purchased one?

Interesting,, Spanish made removable drum side lock,,
Wow, I'm waiting to see reviews too,, heck I'd just like the maker to show us how it works,,
Honest, 😇

The idea was to blur the line between inlines and traditional muzzleloaders. The removable breech plug is more familiar to inline shooters and can be seen by some to make cleaning and removing a load easier.

I look it at it as a bridge for someone that will bring them to the next step which would be a traditional Hawken style rifle or even a flintlock. However, it seems the two camps are traditional and inline; each are set in their ways.

750541-12837366.jpg

Traditions_Shedhorn_ILoveMuzzleloading_+(6).JPG

Interesting,, Spanish made removable drum side lock,,
Wow, I'm waiting to see reviews too,, heck I'd just like the maker to show us how it works,,
Honest, 😇
The drum is not made to be removed it's the breech plug as seen in this picture . The reviews are positive from the few I've read, small market but some find it appealing and seem to like it. Traditions has several videos out on how it works , but it's pretty straight forward, other than the removable plugs it's the same as any other sidelock. Let us know what color pattern you go with , many to choose from.
Traditions_Shedhorn_ILoveMuzzleloading_+(6).JPG

So all it does is take the full breech/drum off in one piece from the barrel as an R&R?
Interesting how they have changed/adapted the hammer,,

Latest posts

Back