• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions Blunderbuss Loads

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks like the blunderbuss sold by Navy Arms back starting in the 1970's. Probably considered to be rare today. And it looks o be in great condition. Congrats to it's current owner.

Rick
I own it. I had it a at localish muzzloeading shop and unfortunately they could not get the barrel off to see if any maker marks or anything on the underside of the barrel. If he couldn't get the barrel off, no way I was gonna try. Will probably bring it to Kempton with me in 2 weeks and maybe have some luck ID'ng it there. I figure I will try 50 grains of 2FF and some TP or foil wading and see what happens. Being a brass barrel as JJohnson2023 said watch my loads. Also hoping g to try my cannon with a light load and wading also. .50 Dikar
Resized_20230330_220219(1).jpeg

Any thoughts on this for blank loads in a blunderbuss or .50 cannon? It is designed for fireworks and was told not the best for shooting PRB from my hawken. How about just a load with a wad? It is very course compared to 4fg.

Attachments

• 20230714_131037.jpg
    20230714_131037.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I own it. I had it a at localish muzzloeading shop and unfortunately they could not get the barrel off to see if any maker marks or anything on the underside of the barrel. If he couldn't get the barrel off, no way I was gonna try. Will probably bring it to Kempton with me in 2 weeks and maybe have some luck ID'ng it there. I figure I will try 50 grains of 2FF and some TP or foil wading and see what happens. Being a brass barrel as JJohnson2023 said watch my loads. Also hoping g to try my cannon with a light load and wading also. .50 Dikar
View attachment 236015
The blunderbuss was likely made by which ever Italian firm was making them for Navy Arms. Also, Dixie Gun Works, back then, sold just the lock, barrel, and hardware only in their caralog.

Rick

Latest posts

Back