• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions 32 calb çrocket pistol help

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dobroman

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello i got a hold of a traditions 32 calb pistol. My question is. As far as ball patch powder . I am going to be using a .310 ball a .015 patch and 20-25 grm powder I want to know if this is ok to use thats what i use in my rifle. Thanks for your input thanks.

Sounds like just the ticket if the ball/patch combo is the right fit. Only loading and shooting will tell you for sure. Good luck.

Congratulations on your pistol.

Your suggested load sounds a bit "hot" to me for a .32 caliber pistol but there is no denying that it would send the ball downrange.

It will shoot with some authority if you drop the powder load down to 10-15 grains.
I don't think powder loads larger than this will add much to the velocity with the short pistol barrel on your gun.

You might want to see if you can find some .010 thick patches.

IMO, pistols can get by with thinner patches and using them makes loading a lot easier.

Easier to start and easier to ram makes it less likely to crack the stocks grip while your loading.

Have fun. :thumbsup:

I have the crockett pistol I'm putting together as time allows. The booklet that came with it said max load was 15 grs 3f.

I've got a Traditions Crockett pistol unfired/new in box that has sat under my bed for a couple of years now. Would be interested to know what load you find works best for you. 'Bout time to take that thing to the woods! :grin:

As far as the gun blowing up, the heavier charge used with a prb probably isn't going to be a problem but better accuracy would likely be obtained with the 10-15 grain charges quoted. You might also have a situation of the ball already out of the pistol barrel before all the heavy charge has fully exploded- not sure on that- but generally there is an optimal load for every gun and going overboard accomplishes little.

Back