• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.32 Crockett Pistol?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently purchased a Tradition’s Crockett .32 pistol from a member here and it’s due for delivery today.

Excited to say the least. Has anyone ever shot one of these? I’ve got a Crockett rifle and really like it.

Any thoughts or input on this pistol would be appreciated. I’ll update with photos this evening and hope to shoot it today as well.

Thanks all!

Gun arrived safely. Love it!!

5EBC55BA-9717-4D34-BDA6-E799965FE7C5.jpeg

25 grains of Goex 3Fg with a Hornady .310 ball and pillow ticking patching greased with Track of the Wolf mink oil produced a pretty good 15 yard group with one flyer:

EF63A8F1-90C1-423E-9388-3C7E01BE7473.jpeg

Gun has a stiff trigger and shoots high, both things I’d like to fix and very common with these guns. It was super fun to shoot! Little recoil but still a nice boom.

Thanks gang!

I have two crocket pistols. They are fun to shoot as you said. And accurate. I use 11 gr. Swiss. .311 ball with .013 patch. I usually shoot it at 20-25 yards with two hand hold. I put a rear sight from a Traditions Trapper pistol for a longer sight radius. You will have a lot of fun with it. You may be able to adjust the lock to improve the trigger pull.

Thanks, gang! I guess a taller front sight is in order next. There’s also a lot of slop in the trigger, it sort of wiggles all over the place but it seems to be the norm with Traditions. Not a big deal.

Tempted to run back down to the forest to shoot another quick group…

Gun arrived safely. Love it!!

View attachment 235659

25 grains of Goex 3Fg with a Hornady .310 ball and pillow ticking patching greased with Track of the Wolf mink oil produced a pretty good 15 yard group with one flyer:

View attachment 235660

Gun has a stiff trigger and shoots high, both things I’d like to fix and very common with these guns. It was super fun to shoot! Little recoil but still a nice boom.

Thanks gang!
No more than 12 grains of goex needed for great accuracy at 25yds. 15 grains at 50 in a 32 cal. for paper target match type shooting. Will shoot a good bit lower...c

Back