• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditional Hunters in Michigan, it's our time...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you live in the state of Michigan, I need to hear from you, and more importantly, Lansing needs to hear from you.

Conservation Officer Ron Pinson talked to me after last week's radio show about getting together to talk about getting a TRADITIONAL BLACK POWDER SEASON started in the state of Michigan, preferably in either the last week of October or the first week of November. Not only would this give us a season to call our own, but would almost certainly spark new interest in traditional black powder shooting.

Now, as I said, this guy is a C.O., so he has the in-roads and thinks that we can do it. Here's our chance, guys.

Looking forward to your responses.

Chris Kolleth
Chief Cook and bottle washer, Buckskinner

Chris,

Im in and have been regardless of what some folks might think. :blah: :winking:

I've been sending letters and emails to our MI legislation and DNR for almost three years now about a flintlock or earlier-PRB/longbow season either the last week to ten days of October or first week to ten days of November.

Getting the present ML season in December "revised" to traditional only just is not going to fly as far as I'm concerned and I'm not going to support that anyway. But a Buck Only, Flint/longbow season slipped in between archery and regular firearm should have the best opportunity of any.

It should have no impact on the herd as you still only get two buck tags for the firearm seasons regardless of when the tags are filled (Regular, ML or this "Special Primitive").

Not to mention, that would offer the most prime opportunities for trophy bucks Primitive Flintlock or Earlier/Longbow Style and prior to the regular firearm onslaught November 15-30th.

I'll send another letter to CO Pinson.

You can count me in. :thumbsup:

Tahquamenon

If you live in the state of Michigan, I need to hear from you, and more importantly, Lansing needs to hear from you.

Conservation Officer Ron Pinson talked to me after last week's radio show about getting together to talk about getting a TRADITIONAL BLACK POWDER SEASON started in the state of Michigan, preferably in either the last week of October or the first week of November. Not only would this give us a season to call our own, but would almost certainly spark new interest in traditional black powder shooting.

Now, as I said, this guy is a C.O., so he has the in-roads and thinks that we can do it. Here's our chance, guys.

Chris Kolleth

I LIKE YOUR STYLE...IF I COULD, I'D MOVE THERE JUST TO HELP YOU !!
:front:

PS: Do you mind if this call for assistance is copied & posted on other ML boards?

Good luck to the people of your state! Did he mention any other changes that are being discussed in your state by any chance?

I LIKE YOUR STYLE...IF I COULD, I'D MOVE THERE JUST TO HELP YOU !!
:front:

PS: Do you mind if this call for assistance is copied & posted on other ML boards?

Please do! We need all the help that we can rally. We don't need to change the world, just let the DNR know that there are enough BP hunters to make it worth printing the licenses. It doesn't sound like this is going to be as hard as it might sound--we need to talk money to the MDNR.

I figure the next step is to get the auto insurance companies behind it...fewer deer bouncing off the cars. That's who you need to talk to in your states, guys, not the state government!!! get GEICO and All State involved; they get more done for deer hunters than you might imagine. If auto insurance companies had their way, you wouldn't be able to see a deer outside of a petting zoo...

Geico and Allstate don't want us to have a strictly primitive season. In fact they want scopes added to all inlines and a 20 deer limit.
Good luck and accolades to anyone in your DNR who wants to do this sort of thing.

My advice would be to beg, plead, stomp, swear, spit and bite to have ROUND BALL ONLY encouraged and enforced from the get-go.

Once the genie's out of the bottle it's hard to get it back in. Or was that gin?

Chris Kolleth

You can count me in!
Let me know what I need to do!

No-BS

My advice would be to beg, plead, stomp, swear, spit and bite to have ROUND BALL ONLY encouraged and enforced from the get-go.

Once the genie's out of the bottle it's hard to get it back in. Or was that gin?

Loose powder, patched round ball, iron sights, side lock...

...and it is gin.

Loose powder, patched round ball, iron sights, side lock...

...and it is gin.

Find a way to include my Hopkins and Allen style underhammers!

I sent you an email with my ph number.
CO Pinson works my area, where bouts are you at?
I'm in Lakeport.
Count me in

Chris,
Although not from Michigan what you have stated
is a start for a lot of states. Do you have an e-mail contact for us all to e-mail....
snake-eyes :hmm:

Stumblin' Buff
Do you have an e-mail or snail mail address or should I just go direct to the MDNR?
While I'm a long way from home, I will be back soon. Anything to boost our sport is good in my books :RO:

Stumblin' Buff
Do you have an e-mail or snail mail address or should I just go direct to the MDNR?
While I'm a long way from home, I will be back soon. Anything to boost our sport is good in my books :RO:

If you want to get behind this you can email me with your name, address, and maybe a brief note on your thoughts on tradtional hunting and maybe even what you shoot. Put something in the subject line about "Tradtional Hunting in Michigan".

Let your clubs know, let your friends who hunt regular season know. We might be able to boost the sale of tradtional styled muzzleloaders in this state, too.

I'll forward them on to Ron and keep you guys posted.

Thanks! With enough people behind it, I think we can do it. And for everyone else, I'll keep you posted on how it's going and what works and what doesn't.

Thanks!!

Did they have Bombay Sapphire Gin in colonial Michigan? How hard was it to get olives for a proper martini? graybeard ::

Stumblin' Buff

guess I should have added my email addy:

[email protected]

Stumblin' Buff
guess I should have added my email addy:
[email protected]

Could the TMA possibly help with this sort of thing...not only in Michigan, but in other states where Reps have been established?

Back