• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Trade Knives

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LRB

75 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone know of any good sites with info and pictures on English, and European trade knives in the 18th c.? I know about the Lanouvelle site. Are there any more of that quality?

Try New France or Novelle France, or Novelle France trade goods,etc. They have axes, tomahawks, etc. If you can't find the site let me know and I'll get the exact address.

Sorry Wick, just checked it out to make sure and it is already the lanovelle-france site, I thought the butcher knife site with the carved handle was a different site.
What about the clasp knives with the knob on top? How hard would it be to make that style?

They should not be a real problem from the looks of them. I am going to do one or so as soon as I get to it. I made a pattern for the boucheron with the, I guess I would describe it as a hoof shaped butt end. Like the drawing at the top of that page. Got some gun and sheath work to do for now though. When you gunna bring your stuff out?

Back