• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

To the older guys…

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminds me of when I was 19 years old and in the army back in the early '70's. Lots of guys had oriental wives - Thai, Korean, Philippino, Vietnamese. The old sergeant sat me down, and said to me, "Jim, American women are spoiled rotten. You find yourself an oriental woman. They really know how to treat a man!" Well, I did not take his advice on that, but have enjoyed telling this story to women for the last 50 years.

I took your Sergeants advice way back in 1978 and never regretted it, my greatest mistake was marrying a second time to an Australian woman which turned into a disaster. Since then I've always returned to Thailand the Land of Smiles (LOS).

I've more than a few long term friends who married Asian women and lived happily together over decades, and they all advised the same, "dont expect to find a good partner in the red light districts".

"You find yourself an oriental woman. They really know how to treat a man!" Thats factual even to this day, once a Thai or Pinay girl is sure that you're real and no Butterfly, then they look after you in every way imaginable; you're literally their King for the want of a better term. You know when she's accepted and committed to you, she wants you to meet her family; its one of those old world honouring things. Im not the kind of guy who gets impressed easily or suffers with loneliness. I take things step by step, watch; listen and assess all the way. The Thai lady I'm set on ticks all the boxes over time so there it is.

I took your Sergeants advice way back in 1978 and never regretted it, my greatest mistake was marrying a second time to an Australian woman which turned into a disaster. Since then I've always returned to Thailand the Land of Smiles (LOS).

I've more than a few long term friends who married Asian women and lived happily together over decades, and they all advised the same, "dont expect to find a good partner in the red light districts".

"You find yourself an oriental woman. They really know how to treat a man!" Thats factual even to this day, once a Thai or Pinay girl is sure that you're real and no Butterfly, then they look after you in every way imaginable; you're literally their King for the want of a better term. You know when she's accepted and committed to you, she wants you to meet her family; its one of those old world honouring things. Im not the kind of guy who gets impressed easily or suffers with loneliness. I take things step by step, watch; listen and assess all the way. The Thai lady I'm set on ticks all the boxes over time so there it is.
When you marry an Asian woman, you marry the whole family. They eventually all move to the states, and into your house. Seen it happen more than once.

Perhaps in contrast to other opinions. I have found that selling guns on Gunbroker is easy peasy and hassle free. The buyer has to use an FFL. The seller does not. The seller just packs up the gun and ships it himself just like any other item. I found it pleasant to do. (I'm talking about modern guns).

But you only can ship modern guns to an FFL. So the buyer must provide you the shipping address of his FFL and his FFL must send you a copy of his FFL license. The address on that FFL license is the one and only place to which you can ship the gun.

One thing to consider: modern handguns must be shipped using "Overnight" and this is expensive almost a $100. Remember that when pricing a handgun to sell. This is not required if shipping a long gun.
You can't even do that any more. Now everything must ship 'from' an FFL.

No disrespect intended, but IME the rural Thai girls that havent been monetised with Sex work are usually the better part of the population for relationships; Bangkok, Phuket and Pattaya arent real Thailand.

I met my Thai girlfriend on Thai Friendly dating site, she's a farm girl from up north in Issan her family are doing well; I've spent real time on the ground with her and thankfully she's not a party girl, very conservative in her attitude and habits, and easy to live with.
She's a keeper!

"When you marry an Asian woman, you marry the whole family. They eventually all move to the states, and into your house. Seen it happen more than once."

I can't comment on the situation in the States, but over here in Aussie land that hasnt been the case.
Mind you, I would never bring an Asian woman back to Australia, as they've been known to change and transform into self entitled money hungry creatures.

When you marry an Asian woman, you marry the whole family. They eventually all move to the states, and into your house. Seen it happen more than once.
I think that held true more during the war than it might now. The goal for them was to get to the Land of the Big PX,

I had a co-worker in Germany who was married to a Thai. Fantastic cook! Don't tell me what's in it just serve it up. But quite the temper too as one year I watched their Christmas tree come over their third floor balcony. And she dominated him like nothing else. Hen Pecked? And then some. Our Monday Night Bowling? She was there keeping an eye on him. And their kid? Spoiled rotten by his mother. But she did take care of her husband.

In Germany too a lot of GI's married to Asians would bring their families over and run a cleaning business out of base house. For $20 we had two girls come in once a week and they scrubbed our military apartment. But the authorities, mostly German, caught on to it and eventually shut it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back