• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

time machine

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes I wonder which side of the Twilight Zone I live in.

A Hundred Yards Over the Rim (season 2 episode 23) 1961​

About a man from the 1800's that stubbles into the modern day looking for medicine.
MV5BODdkZmNlODItYTQzYi00MGZkLWEzMzctZjJiYTQ1NjBmN2ExXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDgyNjA5MA@@._V1_.jpg

Here are a few more episodes about the topic. Ron Sterling was a genius .

Execution
A Stop at Willoughby ( one of my favorites)
Back There
No Time Like the Past

I'm a big fan of the series ,

About a man from the 1800's that stubbles into the modern day looking for medicine.
MV5BODdkZmNlODItYTQzYi00MGZkLWEzMzctZjJiYTQ1NjBmN2ExXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDgyNjA5MA@@._V1_.jpg

Execution
A Stop at Willoughby
( one of my favorites)
Back There
No Time Like the Past

Where is that?

Execution
A Stop at Willoughby
( one of my favorites)
Back There
No Time Like the Past

The man was a pure genius. He had quite an imagination starting with “ The King 9 will not return “.

No more City council Members , no more county commissioners , no more TV,
no more monthly bills, no more politicians, no more political arguments,
No more traffic to navigate to go get food, no more fat mouths and liars.

You might want to read up on Ancient Rome. (OH instead of TV they had The Coloseum and The Circus Maximus...., )

The technology changes.... People stay the same....,

LD

The romantic side of me would absolutely love to go back to the 3rd quarter of the 18th century and sign on with Baynton, Wharton and Morgan as a hunter........or even a clerk. The reality is with 2 shoulders, a knee and cataract surgery (my eyes were absolutely horrible before) I probably wouldn't have lasted. Still...........it's kinda fun to dream.

You're all scared you're going to die.
don't you see you're going to die anyhow!?!?

Stay here and die in comfort if you all want I'm leaving the first chance I get !!!
Not so much the dieing, but watching my family suffer. We all get a turn at death, id probably be dead already if I was born in those times statistically.

Yeah I'm staying. But you have a nice trip.

At thirty I would have jumped on the chance, would be a lot harder at my age.
Somethings I would miss for sure, like many of the foods that would have been impossible to get except in particular areas
Like anything coin makes life a lot more comfortable, if I could take my IRA at its present value I would be in tall cotton for sure.
It would be nice to hire a wood cutter to keep me warm in the winter. And a groom to keep my horses and wagon.
I come from a line of long lifers, so I expect I could be pretty healthy.

Most of us would be dead within a couple of months. Like going to a rendezvous now. Everyone wants to play the Mountain man part. But when you look at what's under all the blankets. You are their not far away from their modern conveniences.
As for the politicians, like Toby and Willy said..."Hang them high in the Tree " for all the honest people to see ..!"
Personally I'd want to only go back to the late 1950s. Before all the this manure started.....

If I were to pick a time to live in it wouldn’t be that one. I was born in 1955, of course I was only 6 when the 60’s hit and they were screwed up in their own right. So in America, probably the 1950s were some of the best times to be alive. Many of the modern advantages others have mentioned but none of the totally insane and frightening garbage we are living through today. Yep, give me the 50s any day!

I won't mention the exact area, but there is a large portion of Montana where outlaws have gone to hide for many years. I know some of those hid out there. Law enforcement don't even try to catch them, as they are in such a remote area they figure they can't cause any trouble there, and are in their own prison. Not to mention it would be pretty much impossible to catch a mountaineer in that country. Occasionally one will come out of the mountains and get nabbed, but it's pretty rare. One of my friends hasn't come out in over 40 years.

I've lived in a tipi here in Montana for a year and a half, then in a cabin with no power or water for a couple years. I wouldn't trade the experience for anything, but I wouldn't want to repeat it, either. I couldn't have asked for a better time to grow up, being born in 1954.

Latest posts

Back