• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thoughts on removal of stamping on traditions barrels?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are stamped or rolled in, displacing the metal. You can very carefully pean the metal down and file it smooth. In all likelihood it will leave some thin lines where the gap isn't completely filled. At least it did for me.
Good luck!
Robby
Hi Robby,
That is a great idea. I never thought of that but you are entirely correct, the stampings just move metal and you just need to move it back. Thanks,

dave

Received a traditions flint pistol kit and was amazed at the amount of lettering on the barrel. Anyone have experience removing these? or is it not recommended? My other builds were with individual components and not a "kit" so never encountered this issue. Thanks
Easy. Draw filed

I know I'm different , I'm only a care taker of my black Powder weapons, and at some point they
will be sold or given to family or friends. I leave all stamping on barrels and parts and if the new owner needs parts Then the new owner will have the necessary information to find parts. I enjoy
black powder shooting and don't want to take a chance with whoever. gets them next and needs
parts and can't find them because I removed all stampings he then may say hell on it and stop
shooting. Our sport needs all the help it can get
Gunny

I have an 1860 Colt repro revolver that someone in the past defarbed. They did a poor job and if I ever need parts it will be a guessing game. It is Italian but that’s all I know. They should have left it alone.

Latest posts

Back