• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thinking of ordering from RMC...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MSK

Smollett
Reaction score
...are they good folks to deal with? I've only dealt with Track in the past.

Thanks!

From what I can tell from their website, they are the makers of Ox Yoke Wonderwads and have other fine products. Two of their offerings caught my eye and I just ordered them. The first is a solid brass ramrod, 3/8 thick, with a t-handle on one end and tapped for 10-32 attachments on the other. They come in standard lengths of up to 48" but they will custom size one for you at no extra cost. $25. Those that have them at my club say they're the bomb. Since I was ordering that, I also ordered their new GOEX plastic can pouring spout (they have two versions:a capped one for $6 and a spring-valve one for $12).

Silky921 said:
I guess im not with the times. What is RMC?

Rightnour Manufacturing Company - makers of (or at least packagers of) just about everything you could ever need for Muzzleloading.

(not to be confused with The Royal Military College - RMC - Canada's version of West Point)

And they have been around for ever - note the picture of Davy Crockett with a pack of Ox-Yoke patches supplied by RMC :rotf:

Davy-oxyoke_zps59adc9f4.jpg

Davy gave me my first ones long, long, long ago before that "Alamo" fracas. He bought them in bulk and passed them out among his friends.

But their's smell sooo good you WANT to put them in your mouth and chew them.

I use the pre-cut, pre-lubed patches from Ox-Yoke (just like Davy did) and off the shelf, directly out of the box roundballs (from Hornady or Speer or whomever has what I'm after) for a couple of reasons.

First and foremost I'm lazy :) The patches are cut to size by caliber, lubed, available in different thickness and different materials (pure cotton or pillow tick). The balls come in enough different sizes that I can find one that will load without too much difficulty - I load "loose" - don't want/need a mallet to get the ball down even on the fifth shot.

Second I'm not super fanatical about getting my group tighter than Bambi's butt during mosquito season.

I hunt my rifles and I hunt close (like 50 yards for me is way out there), so whether I have a 2 inch group, 1 inch group or 1/2 inch group is of ZERO consequence to making an ethical shot which will kill bambi - I have in excess of an 8" target.

Plus, on a missed shot Bambi has never waited around for me to reload so group size means nothing when the first shot is the only shot that counts. It's either on target or not.

These allow me to load and shoot without travelling to fabric stores with a caliper, pre-washing, mixing the magic potion in the cauldron etc.

And I don't weigh and mic the balls or separate them by weight, concentrically, percentage of lead in the alloy etc.

My method is not for everyone or maybe not even for most that frequent this board. I "get" the striving for ultimate accuracy obsession that some have. I moved on from that way of thinking a long time ago and am thankful for RMC's valuable service in providing me with "lazy man" muzzle loading accessories :)

I'm right with you on your philosophy. Must be a Canadian thing, eh?! It does matter to me, however, how thick the patches are and what weight the ball. cheers

Smollett said:
...are they good folks to deal with?
I have ordered from them several times...always
received orders correct and in a very timely
manner. No complaints here. :thumbsup:
snake-eyes

hanshi said:
Davy gave me my first ones long, long, long ago before that "Alamo" fracas. He bought them in bulk and passed them out among his friends.

I guess you never heard the real story behind the Alamo massacre? It has been rumored Davy's last words were "Dang it we might have won this here battle if'n l hadn't given all them there patches away" ! :shocked2:

I've always had good luck with RMC. I've purchased nipples from them. I also like Oxyoke prelubed wads for my smoothie and patches for the rifles. Depending on what my guns like, I may use my own "cut-at-the-muzzle" patches or oxyoke.

And Alden is right, those patches do smell good enough to eat! :wink: :grin:

Back