• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Powder Inc.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mtman725

The Last Best place, MT
Reaction score
I just got my order from Powder Inc. took 3 weeks, if you put an order in make sure you follow up with a phone call they've been having web sight problems. But good folks to deal with, will get you fixed up if there's a problem with the order. recommend people to order from.

I've only ordered from them once about six months ago. Had a bit of trouble with their release/verification form but all went well. They called the day they shipped and were friendly.

Fed ex knocked on my door 1 week later for signature. The guy asked why there was a "danger explosive" sticker. I said i dunno, it's just some sparkler's.😂

Last edited:
I ordered from them a few months ago.
Everything went perfectly, I seem to recall that my order arrived pretty quickly.

Thanks for the heads up on the phone call.
I've gotten so I don't even think to use a phone anymore.

I've only ordered from them once about six months ago. Had a bit of trouble with their release/verification form but all went well. They called the day they shipped and were friendly.

Fed ex knocked on my door 1 week later for signature. The guy asked why there was a "danger explosive" sticker. I said i dunno, it's just some sparkler's.😂
🤣

I just got my order from Powder Inc. took 3 weeks, if you put an order in make sure you follow up with a phone call they've been having web sight problems. But good folks to deal with, will get you fixed up if there's a problem with the order. recommend people to order from.
Good to know! Have been looking into them for a little while but had yet to pull the trigger. Thanks!

I have ordered a lot of B/P from Powder Inc. in the past, all went smoothly.

When the shortage hit, I decided to round out my stock with about 10 more # if I could find any Goex. Everyone was sold out except for Crater Fireworks. They were good to do business with but their hazmat and shipping cost was high, my final cost was about $30 a pound with a third of that being hazmat and shipping. Like they say, "a bird in the hand", so I paid up and now have a lifetime supply put back.

I am a little leery about the current cap shortages after seeing the price of available things skyrocket during covid never to return to the previous cost. Looks like a sly marketing ploy to me.

What I like about Powder Valley is that when you put an item in your cart it is in inventory and guaranteed to you for 20 minutes

I've lost/missed on so many things between "add to cart" and "pay now" ... I really appreciate that feature of their site, both as a customer and as a developer and how they implemented it.

Like Eric I have bought mine mostly from Crater Fireworks. John is a GRUMP most the time and the haz mat is (gotta be) marked up but he is great and have never had an issue. I recommended him here on the forum for stuff when the shortage hit and they sold out of a lot within a few weeks. Will try other vendors if needed but I am a loyal customer (less ya make me mad or hurt my lil feelings)

I've ordered from them before with complete satisfaction. In fact I've never had a problem ordering from any powder vendor, but stuff does happen.

I used to drive through Arkansas frequently, and would stop to pick up powder at Powder Inc. If you are near there, it's the way to go to save money and have a better selection than what you can buy online, such as FA grade powder in bags for much less.

Back