• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thickness of brass in Kibler kits

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philip Chua

32 Cal
Reaction score
Howdy all!

I am ordering a Kibler kit and in the meantime on the wait im going to order one of their practice stocks for carving and maybe even some finishing practice and some brass for practice on engraving brass. What I don't know is what thickness brass stock to order so its an apples to apples type practice that I can later transfer to the kit project. Or does this even matter?

Thanks in advance!

Doc van Phil

Without taking them off to measure, I have a Woodsrunner and Colonial. Side plate is approx 1/8". The ramrod pips and butt plate are cast so they can vary. Pipes are maybe 1/16", butt plate is hard to say so guessing 3/32 to 1/8" and again cast so can vary. The only other piece would be a square that is provided to make a cap for the patch box if desired and its around 3/32". Those are close approximations that should get you in the ball park for what you are wanting to do.

Perfect. I found some strips in 1/8 (or 3mm.. either way) and I'll probably get some copper too for practice. I bought one of the practice stocks from Kibler in Woodsrunner so I can practice carving and might cut some brass bits up and try some inlay too. I may do none of it on the rifle but hey never know!

Latest posts

Back