• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

therifleshoppe?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tinker2 said:
Well”¦. I will say it again; I have only good luck when I order from them.

The longest it has every taken was three weeks to get what I ordered.

Yes they are hard to get ahold of on the phone, never takes me more than three tries.

William Alexander

Same here. I am old enough to remember that if you wanted a part for restoration of an original firearm or wanted to build a copy of an original military musket, you went to shows, antique stores, read all of the adds in Shotgun News, wrote letters to like minded individuals, made (expensive!) long distance phone calls or whatever you needed to do to find original parts in a condition that you could use. There were few if any new parts, not barrels, locks or their parts or furniture - no trigger guards or butt plates much less stocks. Sometimes the search lasted for 5 years (or more) and no one complained that a seller didn't have the parts in stock so he shouldn't be in business.

If TRS kept everything in stock that they can make or have cast for them, their "shoppe" would be larger than the average mini mall and they would sit on much of their inventory for years driving up the cost of their parts beyond belief.

A small staff and an annoying business method are just side effects of keeping things affordable. Hard to make a large Siler lock fit in the mortice for a M1795 musket lock..... Patience is the word, like it or not.

I can't say I've had prompt service from TRS, but overall it has been satisfactory. It took 18 months to get a 1795 Springfield parts set from them. But then, I factored in the wait, and scheduled the build accordingly. I ordered a bayonet from them for the 1795 and it came in less than half the time promised. Right now, I am waiting on a 1756 Brown Bess parts set with assembled lock that I ordered in June of 2012. I emailed them saying to send the lock unassembled if it would speed up the order-- no response yet. I have been very happy with the stuff I have received from them-- quality parts you can't get anywhere else, but then you should count on waiting.
Bill M.

To me, buying from them is a lot like going to a gun show.
I may be looking for something in particular if I can find it,
but I am also looking for anything interesting that I can use.

I am glad they are in business and offer what they do, works for me.

William Alexander

kb466 said:
...I am waiting on a 1756 Brown Bess parts set with assembled lock that I ordered in June of 2012. I emailed them saying to send the lock unassembled if it would speed up the order...

Big, BIG, mistake IMO -- an assembled lock from TRS is the ONLY way to ensure
  • The right number of parts
    All the correct parts
    That they sort of fit together
And even that's no guarantee with them!

Well, I hope it isn't a mistake changing my order to an unassembled lock. I can assemble it myself. Also, I have always received the right parts, and all of them, in past orders with TRS. But it may not be an issue at all as I have not received any response to my email offering to change my paid-for 1756 Brown Bess order from an assembled lock to an unassembled lock to speed up delivery. We'll see what develops, if anything develops at all.
Bill M.

"I don’t know what I will order till I find out what they have on hand."

Hi William. Next time you talk to them, maybe you could offer a suggestion: If their "in stock" availability is on computer, they might consider posting a list of same on their Web-Site - AND updating it every week. That might save them a bunch of phone calls? Just a thought. Rick. :hatsoff:

After reading what I have on this thread I sure won't bother to order from them or even check their site. I wouldn't stand for someone taking my money and then taking 2 or more years to send it to me. I'd be getting them to understand that they better be fast at getting my items to me or I'll contact the AG of my city and having him get on them for bad consumer care. I'm not that easy going that I'll put up with stuff like that. :td: :shake: :nono:

I also partake in CAS and am a member of NCOWS. I ordered a frock coat from an online store and was told the item was in stock and would ship in a day or two. Well, two weeks later no coat and no message telling me it was shipped. I tried for another two weeks to contact the people running the store and no answer to emails or phone calls. I finally got someone from the store to answer the phone. I gave them the lowdown that I am going to take legal action against them unless they ship my item. She said that she needed to talk to the owner. After a day or two he called me back and I read him the riot act. It took him another week but they shipped the item. I got it three days after that. I love the coat but I won't tolerate doing business that way with anyone. I pay right away, I expect fast shipping. It's just good customer relations and good business.

IowaShooter said:
......I'd be getting them to understand that they better be fast at getting my items to me or I'll contact the AG of my city and having him get on them for bad consumer care. ....

What is an AG?

How does the AG define "bad consumer care"?

Sometimes they do have their uses. It's either that, or you take a road trip, and I have done that a time or two when I have been ****** off by a vendor or two that thought I was too far away to make the trip, much to their surprise, and the results were not pretty. If you pay your money, you expect certain results, not promises or BS. Send the item, or send the money back, but when you try to avoid doing either, your a thief plain and simple and there are consequences for that.

Well, I called them yesterday morning and left a message that I wanted to place an order. Did the same thing again this morning. I know they don't take calls on Fridays due to shipping. So I'll try again Monday I guess. I'll try emailing Saturday. :haha: Rick. :(

Call and e-mail them every day. I've done it in similar circumstances and eventually, after 4-6 months they get tired of ignoring you and take your call.

Keb said:
AG = Attorney General maybe?

Yeah, that's the only translation I could think of but, as far as I know there are no cities with an attorney general, that is a state or national office. unless you're in Virginia where we have a Commonwealth's Attorney.

Keb said:
Ya. Get lawyers involved. That will certainly help. :/

The AG will likely laugh at a demand like that, they have important criminals to prosecute. Now, maybe he could contact a lawyer to take the case but would just be a threat of a phone call from the law office and even that would take a good deal more money than spent on the parts or, for that matter, frock coats.

ricky said:
Well, I called them yesterday morning and left a message that I wanted to place an order. Did the same thing again this morning. I know they don't take calls on Fridays due to shipping. So I'll try again Monday I guess. I'll try emailing Saturday. :haha: Rick. :(

Why should they not answer the phone on Friday due to shipping. What are they shipping? From what I read and have heard about them here and elsewhere, nobody ever gets what they order so they must not be shipping anything.

TOW seems to have some of their stuff for sale from time to time, including finished guns but there is no telling how long it took for Track to get the stuff. I would like to get a frizzen for a snaphaunce lock pistol I have but I am 68 and may not have enough time left to wait for it!

I know nothing about The Rifle Shoppe. Do they offer things that cannot be purchased elsewhere? Is that why people are willing to accept their lack of customer service?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back