The Rumors of My Death

Discussion in 'Vendors and Manufacturers' started by Dr5x, Oct 17, 2019.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum by donating:

1. Oct 17, 2019 #1

Dr5x

Dr5x

Dr5x

50 Cal. MLF Supporter

The Great Conspiracy enthusiasts were wrong in saying my demise was spread. It was Progress.All the Giant Corporations are trying to get acorns on the credit world and I got lost in the shuffle.
    It ws kind enough for them to announce my death as being inactive
    I forces people to contact me by Snail Mail.
    I will survive. I think

Dutch schmaltz

2. Oct 17, 2019 #2

Griz44Mag

Griz44Mag

Griz44Mag

40 Cal. MLF Supporter

Good one Dutch!

3. Oct 17, 2019 #3

SDSmlf

SDSmlf

SDSmlf

40 Cal.

Hey Dutch, got a new alias? Or did the autocorrect get you? It catches me quite often, but nothing like the dictation feature on my phone. Used it once while driving to send a text message to my bride, didn’t proof read it (I was driving), and sent her a very obscene message. Haven’t used it since.

4. Oct 17, 2019 #4

Zonie

Zonie

Zonie

Moderator Staff Member MLF Supporter

Speaking of things like auto-correct and spell check, a little off topic joke you folks may enjoy.

George checked out the message on his phone:

First text message: Hi, George, this is Richard, next door. I've got a confession to make. I've been riddled with guilt for a few months & have been trying to get up the courage to tell you face-to-face. At least I'm telling you in this text, & I can't live with myself a minute longer without your knowing about this.

The truth is that, when you're not around, I've been sharing your wife, day & night. In fact, probably much more than you. I haven't been getting it at home recently & I know that's no excuse. The temptation was just too great. I can't live with the guilt & hope you'll accept my sincere apology & forgive me.

Please suggest a fee for usage, & I'll pay you. Regards, Richard

George, feeling enraged & betrayed, grabbed his gun, went next door, & shot Richard dead. He returned home, shot his wife, poured himself a stiff drink & sat down on the sofa. George then looked at his phone & discovered a 2nd text message from Richard.

2nd TEXT MESSAGE: Hi, George, Richard here again. Sorry about the typo on my last text. I assume you figured it out & noticed that the darned Spell-Check had changed "wi-fi" to "wife." Bloody Technology, It'll be the death of us al

Treestalker and Walkingeagle like this.
  5. Oct 17, 2019 #5

poker

poker

poker

36 Cl.

Whew, wifi or wife, that auto correct can sure get people in a jam!

6. Oct 18, 2019 #6

azmntman

azmntman

azmntman

75 Cal.

It got me when I asked if my son wanted to tag along while I went to go "Poop" (typed shoot, you can guess what he got:confused:)

7. Oct 18, 2019 #7

Gun Tramp

Gun Tramp

Gun Tramp

32 Cal MLF Supporter

I don't have a cell phone but I see a lot of people are using them. They seem popular with the deer hunters now while they're hunting deer.

8. Oct 18, 2019 #8

Griz44Mag

Griz44Mag

Griz44Mag

40 Cal. MLF Supporter

Especially now that I hunt exclusively with traditional muzzleloaders, I use a cell phone with Balistic Arc loaded to get bullet drop data. You can pull up the satellite view, mark your position then mark the positions of where your likely shots will be. It will range each spot and give you the bullet drop. Round ball drops pretty fast, it's comforting data to have.
    It is also very handy for marking the exact location of your downed kill. I don't get lost easily. When hunting in heavy cedar and mesquite on 8,000 acres that pretty much every square yard looks like every other square yard and the density is such that wandering off 30 or 40 yards could lose your kill for you, it's nice to be able to come back to the right spot with something to retrieve your kill and get it to the campsite.
    Traditional? Well no, but I'm getting way to old to drag a kill a mile or so to get it out. Just the way it is.

9. Oct 18, 2019 #9

SDSmlf

SDSmlf

SDSmlf

40 Cal.

No cell service in many places I hunt. Use a hand help GPS for keeping myself not so confused, and have a GPS tracker with a rescue button if things really go sideways.