• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My new Jackie Brown Fowler

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Patocazador said:
...should just make a bunch of rifles/fowlers and sell them as is ... kind of like Wal Mart does.

I agree. No knock on Mr. Brown.

What's wrong with making stuff and putting it up for sale (I'll ignore the Walmart quip)? Not customer-specific dimensions or whatever, just make quality stuff by hand and put it out there -- someone'll buy it and probably pretty quickly. I think Buck should do the same so he stops pissing we ungrateful buyers off who make pains-in-the-arse of themselves before the gun is even started and every fortnight thereafter, through guns that really are not right when they're completed, to buyers who don't realize the builder had actually robbed them from the start (I'll include TVM in there at some level)! If we lower the bar, don't have specific, lofty, expectations, have airs, then we can all be happier, more satisfied, and get on. Like in the old Soviet Union!

"Shut up comrade; be happy they increased the chocolate ration from two ounces to one this year."

If a customer orders what he wants, then that is what he should get.

I really have no idea why Jackie Brown does what he does or why he doesn't get the orders right. :idunno: When I ordered mine he told me he was "retiring" from taking orders. He claimed he would only make then sell. His guns can be found finished and in the white for sale here in classifieds and other forums. Buying one of those you will know up front what you are getting. There will be no ordering one size and getting another.
As I said many times in the original thread, there is no desire to bash Jackie. He is a unique character.
His guns may not be what some consider high quality but it is undeniable there are many JB built rifles and fowlers in use out there that might not be if the owners had to pay double, or more, the price Jackie charges.

Well, Totez, you got a very handsome flintlock from one of our more unconventional builders. If you're thrilled with it, that is indeed the only thing that matters. I have had two of Jackie's guns and both were a joy to carry and shoot. Don't let anyone take the wind out of your sails. And I agree with the others that a 20 gauge is more versatile than a 28.
Can't wait to read your first hunting report.

:hatsoff:

While the rifle Mr. Brown shipped is very nice and the buyer is happy with it (and lucky about that) I agree with Patocazador that you ought to get what you order.

This thread reminds me of the old days when ordering a barrel from Bill Large. Many a time he would send you "what you needed" and not always what you wanted! Looking back, I can now laugh and remember just what a character ole Bill was!

I had a nice experience with Jackie back when my kids were still little. He welcomed us into his shop and showed us the process and let me pick out the features I wanted. Even recommended the 40 as a good option and it has been great. It's definitely a homegrown operation but a good one in my opinion. Just my 02.
Jeff

Back