• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The problem here.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The search engine is not for everyone. You have to enter the correct search terms. It takes practice and correct spelling.
and besides, if one wants to search what has been written,one can just go to a library or google the answers. one misses the nuisances of the personalities responding to you in a new thread.
new/old questions sometimes stimulate everyone's brain to examine and come up with new answers.

Since joining this forum, I have been able to answer all my questions by simply searching older posts and reading the answers. While I was hoping to engage with you all, I haven't been able to due to all the previous knowledge. Glad to have joined. I am not traditionally true to the craft, but make most of my own stuff. Currently just own a traditions kit build in .50, I feel it's a gateway, and will be wanting to upgrade and expand soon.
Do you like your Traditions rifle ? I think eventually that will be my first "Kit'' rifle and I am going with the .50 cal. as well. Down the road I plan on doing a Kentucky Long Rifle ''Build'' after I learn more about these. I bet I could spend the rest of my life doing research on building these rifles, along with the History, Lifestyle and necessary accoutrements. Glad I am a member on this welcoming site and I and others will learn so much on here. I am thankful for everyone's help.

Since joining this forum, I have been able to answer all my questions by simply searching older posts and reading the answers. While I was hoping to engage with you all, I haven't been able to due to all the previous knowledge. Glad to have joined. I am not traditionally true to the craft, but make most of my own stuff. Currently just own a traditions kit build in .50, I feel it's a gateway, and will be wanting to upgrade and expand soon.
Nice. I know what you're saying. I've been here for a few years now but still feel like I have a lot more listening to do than talking. I try not to start threads that have been talked about here before, but I'm sure there's nothing wrong with rehashing much discussed subjects. One advantage of looking up old posts is there's some really great information posted from folks who are no longer among us.

Do you like your Traditions rifle ? I think eventually that will be my first "Kit'' rifle and I am going with the .50 cal. as well. Down the road I plan on doing a Kentucky Long Rifle ''Build'' after I learn more about these. I bet I could spend the rest of my life doing research on building these rifles, along with the History, Lifestyle and necessary accoutrements. Glad I am a member on this welcoming site and I and others will learn so much on here. I am thankful for everyone's help.
Being as I have nothing to compare it to, it's great. Although the plastic sights were less than impressive. I have since made a new brass front blade and steel rear sights for it. But I get decent groups with it and that's with making all my own components.

Being as I have nothing to compare it to, it's great. Although the plastic sights were less than impressive. I have since made a new brass front blade and steel rear sights for it. But I get decent groups with it and that's with making all my own components.
Nice, making your own components gives satisfaction and experience. That's good to hear and I will get the same rifle down the road and look forward to putting one together.

Lovely items Mr Autarky. Hang onto that Traditions - don't part with it when you buy your next rifle. Welcome.

Pete

One point of advice is that you can spend a ton of money on prettier higher quality rifles but that doesn’t mean that any of them will shoot any better than your current traditions gun.
remember pure & simple! keep it simple!

Latest posts

Back