• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The More Complete Cannoneer, 4th Ed.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

First let me say, generally I can be a stickler for the forum's rules. I know the following violates those rules. But, this book is important to all who wish to become cannoneers, as well as an important reference source to those who are experienced cannoneers.

This is an important book, and I would like to see it available to those interested in cannoneering. Book dealers are already trying to sell used copies of the third edition, of which, I believe, there were only a 1,000 printed, on Ebay from $50 to over $150! One website list it for $275.00!! And Amazon has a copy up for sale at $395.00!!! :youcrazy:

So, I am posting the following:

Museum and Collector Specialties has an expanded Fourth edition of The More Complete Cannoneer planned for release in August 2013 that will be available from their site postage paid.

This hardcover book remains the most comprehensive source of information on modern use of historic artillery.

I have, already, sent them an email expressing my interest in pre-ordering. Since these are limited in their publication, those of you interested may wish to follow suit.

They sent me my solicited check back for the long-awaited Third Edition apparently not long before it came out and never got back to me on it as they said they would...

Turns out there's no point. I emailed them trying to pre-order and they said they hadn't settled on pricing and to check the website later this year. Not even any offer to email me when it's possible to order it.

They have been saying the next edition will be out on such & such a date for at least 4 years now...... I will believe it when I see it.....

They just told me next year it should be out and to check their website in october sometime for ordering info.

I, just, got off the phone with Mr.Switlik.

Our conversation, while disappointing, was intensely surprising.

It seems that a certain chapter is taking longer to compose, than originally thought.

This chapter engages a subject that is highly controversial and needs intense research with confirmation before the book can go to print.

The cost of print will in turn dictate the selling price, hence why no price is available at this time.

All I can say is that this chapter makes it worth the wait.

No questions please. This is the most I am allowed to share.

That's great and all, but if they can't take pre-orders they should remove the line on their website to email them to pre-order...

Back