• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thanks Giving Dinner.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3 stinky dogs

40 Cal.
Reaction score
The Family and I will be over at my Parents house this Year and I would like to bring something different then the normal table fare as a side dish. I am looking for something different and maby traditional. Any suggestions ?

wild rice and cranberries sweetened with maple sugar.

take care, daniel

how bout a wild turkey ya got in turkey season....i know ya said side dish but hey it's trad........bob

I make a paste of pecans, cranberries and sweeten it to taste. Put equal amounts of shelled pecans and berries in a food processer and run it till you like the consistancy. Sweeten to taste. The tart from the berries and the smooth texture/oil and flavor of the pecans make a taste that you don't get anywhere else. In the summer I freeze it and eat it like ice cream. GC

I know it's not a side dish either, but we had Thanksgiving dinner early (Sat., 19th) to accomodate family members and (in addition to turkey) my wife made venison sauerbraten - superb! BTW, venison was on the menu at the original feast as well - can't get more traditional than that! One "side dish" I've always liked is creamed onions - another is acorn squash baked with maple syrup and butter.
Happy Thanksgving everyone - we've lots to be grateful for! :thumbsup:

Aggggh! Creamed onions. My father loved them and I had to choke them down when we were kids. My first husband, well, it was traditional. Second husband - (after me being -blissfully- 5 years creamed onionless) at Thanksgiving: "what, no creamed onions?" Putting it together with Eagle Claw (7 years after husband gone) - first Thanksgiving when I foolishly asked him "I suppose you want creamed onions?" Well, I won't tell you the answer, but sufice it to say, we have creamed onions! YUKKKKK! :rotf: :blah:

Soaring Spirit
Don't take life so seriuosly, it isn't permanet

Back