• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thanks Bobby Hoyt and Dutch Schoultz

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milkman1

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I sent a Thompson Center Hawken 45 cal. flintlock barrel to Bobby Hoyt and asked if he could give me a 54 cal. in round ball twist. He completed job promptly and shipped it back. I had purchased Dutch Schoultz booklet and followed it closely. I settled on a load of 80 gr. Goex 2F, . 535 Hornady ball, .020 patch with very light lube of 7 parts water - 1 part Ballistol. Accuracy was very good considering my old eyes and traditional fixed open sights.
I am here in Pennsylvania and used this gun in our "rifle season " and our after Christmas " flintlock only " season. The TC Hawken carries easier with the lighter barrel yet holds steady. I was able to take 2 deer with it so far, this load provided complete pass throughs.

Thanks again Bobby and Dutch !

Can anyone steer me in the right direction? I'm new to this forum. I posted pictures of a 45 cal flintlock here. Thanks!

T/C 45 cal

When you click on the "Today at 9:31 AM" in the above post it will bring up the gun pics. I can't find any markings on it but am told it is a T/C from the 70s.

Hello Basspunky,
you will have a better chance to have your question answered in the Percussion or Flintlock forums, depending on what type of rifle you are asking about. The pictures don't show up in the link you mentioned. Maybe you can attach them instead of linking. Also, it is better protocol to start your own thread to ask, than to do so on someone else's post, out of curtesy. Not trying to rib you, just suggesting. Hope you find out the answer soon and enjoy this excellent forum.

T/C 45 cal

Thanks for your advice. Finally figured out how to use the forum correctly and received great responses. Thanks again.

Bobby Hoyt phone number 717-642-6696
Robert A. Hoyt
2379 Mount Hope Road
Fairfield, PA 17320

Back