• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Testing new brand of black powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
guys here always saying why dont people start making BP here. well why dont a few of you guys get together and do it? set up a warehouse and have at it. but most people like to have other guys do all the work while they sit back and complain

guys here always saying why dont people start making BP here. well why dont a few of you guys get together and do it? set up a warehouse and have at it. but most people like to have other guys do all the work while they sit back and complain
Actually most guys just want to be able to buy the powder they want at a reasonable price. Most people don’t want to make their own powder or own a business.

I make my own BP. I do not care to be in the business of producing nor selling BP. I like that I can make powder as good as store bought. I like that I can tailor mine to my own needs. From the wood I use in charcoal for instance. I like the independence of casting my lead, making percussion caps also. I am also happy to see manufactured BP for sale and caps on the shelves. I look forward to seeing Goex back in business and this new company competing successfully. Happy shooting everyone.

I make my own BP. I do not care to be in the business of producing nor selling BP. I like that I can make powder as good as store bought. I like that I can tailor mine to my own needs. From the wood I use in charcoal for instance. I like the independence of casting my lead, making percussion caps also. I am also happy to see manufactured BP for sale and caps on the shelves. I look forward to seeing Goex back in business and this new company competing successfully. Happy shooting everyone.

Likewise here, plus I knap my own flints too and I agree 100% with your viewpoint.

Many people have been killed in the commercial production of black powder over the centuries, even with the best precautions being taken. Despite temptation otherwise, I make my own in very small batches.

I wanna make some. What kinda wood is preferredby the home brew borthers out there? I am guessing I will have to buy some, I have pine, pine, pine, dirty pine, pitch pine, aspen and oak in the woods here. Also know where to get me some AZ Black walnut but it's kinda like cocaine, the tree cops would rather catch ya with AZ Black Walnut in yer truck than the other.👀
It's against the forums rules for us to discuss making BP. PM me and we can talk.

I have known guys that bought cannon powder and ground it to smaller size, repackaged it and used it. last one (package) i saw was 25lb bag.
I suspect this is what this "New" powder is. the investment needed to get up and running manufacturing BP commercially is astronomical.
It’s not repackaged. I have seen parts of their opperation

Well kudos to them for making it. Maybe they’ll continue to improve their recipe.
I went to a shoot yesterday and brought it with me. Was hoping to mess a round and increase my load to get the same POI as I do with Swiss. I ended up having to use more than I thought. By dummy self didn’t look in my box at my powder supply. I didn’t have enough Swiss to last the whole shoot. Even though I wasn’t on my game I upped my charge and was getting in the black with it. Will continue messing around with it

If anybody is curious enough, a phone call to them could get some answers. Or better yet invite them to join this forum and we can all get in on it. Just saying🙂

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230710-084412_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230710-084412_Facebook.jpg
    546.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20230710-084418_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230710-084418_Facebook.jpg
    346.5 KB · Views: 0
The stores will tell you “ we can’t stock it because regulations, government, blah, blah…” the reason is insurance and having to drive back and forth from a remote storage location.

The stores will tell you “ we can’t stock it because regulations, government, blah, blah…” the reason is insurance and having to drive back and forth from a remote storage location.
Isn't the Insurance and requirements to drive back and forth from remote location due to "government regulations"?

Two ammo supplier stores explained to me the 'requirements' they would have to store/sell it that caused them to stop stocking it. Then I suppose you can add to that the amount they actually sell to turn a profit.
Now take many brick and mortar stores; they are today no longer in small places, other businesses and even homes surrounding them for miles. Stores that once sat in a 'one horse town' now find themselves smack dab in the center of a bustling city.

The old owner of a store that used to sell real black told me as soon as his insurance company saw he sold black powder, they dropped him on the spot.

Latest posts

Back