• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Test Fire - New Cabela's Pedersoli 12 GA SxS

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roguedog said:
Speaking of these shotguns, would they be safe to shoot roundballs out of? I have thought about possibly trying to work up a roundball load for it but do not want to over tax the barrels as it is primarily used for squirrel, rabbit and such. I could see the value in having one barrel charged with buckshot, the other a big round ball. Could make for a deadly combo. I can speak form experience that within practical range, 10 pellets of 00 buck over 90 grains of powder will do a number on a deer at 25 yards.

Jeff

My left tube shoots a ball good beyond 30yds and I often carry it as a combination gun :hatsoff:

Brits

I assume you'd have to get a cylinder choke so there's no constriction for round ball. Seems to me I read somewhere that BB and larger also required no more choke than Improved, if I recall... maybe it was Modified.

I did notice that for the "Classic" model, there is no roundball load listed in Pedersoli's manual, only shot. There is a "Slug" model that lists a roundball load which was 80 grs 2F, .695 ball and .020 patch.

Spikebuck said:
I assume you'd have to get a cylinder choke so there's no constriction for round ball. Seems to me I read somewhere that BB and larger also required no more choke than Improved, if I recall... maybe it was Modified.

I did notice that for the "Classic" model, there is no roundball load listed in Pedersoli's manual, only shot. There is a "Slug" model that lists a roundball load which was 80 grs 2F, .695 ball and .020 patch.

My model is the slug model but from the others owned the barrels seem of the same construction. Mine is cylinder.
AGAIN001.jpg

B.

your patterns look fine. I shoot 80 grains of 2f and 1 1/2 oz shot. That is about 110 grains of shot from the same measure. You will want to do a penetration test too. I first started shooting blackpowder shotguns in 1979. I had to learn myself no internet back then. I had a great pattern on paper but no punch. After missing 6 rabbits the last one was sitting I knew there was something wrong. Paper is easy to penetrate. Take a steel can not aluminum and shoot at it. If it goes through one side it is enough to kill small game. Your load should be fine but I would check it any way. The more powder and less shot will spread the pattern. Less powder more shot will tighten it. Good luck, Nice gun.I just bought a 20 ga Pedersolli and it shoots well too. I use 70 grains 2f and 1 oz shot about 90 grains of shot from the same measure. The 20 swings a lot faster than the 12. I've got turkeys with each.

Back