• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WITHDRAWN Tennessee Classic Grade 5 Curly Maple stock with Douglas 45 Caliber barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vol423

Pilgrim
Reaction score
This stock was made by Pecatonica River muzzleloaders probably 20 years ago. It came from the late Don Davison who was a well known builder from Johnson City, TN. . It was made with a left hand cheekpiece but is otherwise the stock is symmetrical. No lock or other inletting has been done. It is inletted for a 7/8” barrel and a 44” Douglas 45 cal barrel is included. I have several iron components for it that I will offer as soon as I have found them all. Right now the stock and barrel are listed on gunbroker auction 920513422 at $499. Call me at (423) 262-9394 to discuss the stock and barrel and other components. Allan

This stock was made by Pecatonica River muzzleloaders probably 20 years ago. It came from the late Don Davison who was a well known builder from Johnson City, TN. . It was made with a left hand cheekpiece but is otherwise the stock is symmetrical. No lock or other inletting has been done. It is inletted for a 7/8” barrel and a 44” Douglas 45 cal barrel is included. I have several iron components for it that I will offer as soon as I have found them all. Right now the stock and barrel are listed on gunbroker auction 920513422 at $499. Call me at (423) 262-9394 to discuss the stock and barrel and other components. Allan
Going to need at least one photograph as per new requirements,

*EVERY For sale ad must have forum ID and date written on a sheet of paper clearly visible in at least one picture! NO EXCEPTIONS!!!

LD

No. Its a reaction to scams. They steal a picture off the internet and post the item for sale. Send them a money order and its the last you hear of it.
If you hand write the note and put it in the photo with the item as you are supposed to it prevents that kind of scam.
Now do you understand?

I went to gun broker to get a look see. It is a nice piece of wool and it is tempting but I won't use a Douglas barrel. If you decide to sell separately let me know. what hardware do you have?
Robby

Dave I do not post items for sale, but wonder if the ID and date issue is for the recent rash of crooks,trolls, theives or some other reason, Just asking for a friend

The forum owner thought to give this a try.

It's not a bunch of scammers...more like one or two that are chronic.

It is a reaction to scams, true. Never mind that it is an invalid reaction that won't do anything to stop them though.
The majority of scams have to do with people responding to "email a friend in Texas" on WTB inquiries that are done through PMs.

Actually the majority of scams whether offered on this forum or via a "tip" to a private email source, included the "seller" using photos from other sources. WHEN one of our members asked for a unique item to be included in a photo, the scammer complied. The item was supposed to be the size of a pack of cigarettes but in the photo shopped image it was the size of a suitcase. So much for " very minimal photoshop skills ".

The respected mods are running the asylum and ruining this site.
<Heavy sigh> Ya know I see so many complaints from you, I wonder how you can stand to remain here with the rest of us? We obviously are not satisfactory to you.

LD

I went to gun broker to get a look see. It is a nice piece of wool and it is tempting but I won't use a Douglas barrel. If you decide to sell separately let me know. what hardware do you have?
Robby
Anything?
Robby

At this juncture I’m not willing to break up the kit. In fact I added a Davis percussion lock and an iron trigger guard and increased the price. A photo here is a hollow gesture. Look at my gunbroker feedback.
Sorry you feel that way. Let me know if anything changes.
Robby

There is a bid on gunbroker. Go there if you want to bid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back