• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tell me more about Bear Oil

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bear oil is readily available to all, from Pennsylvania when that Old Store has it in stock in season. Got two pints a couple of months ago. It is great for oiling, great for patches, et al. Black bear are like a human, a dog, and a pig had a wyrd mixing moment.

I like it. If Bama had a bear season I might try to make my own, but as we are still lite on bear until they recover fully, I'll take Quaker stuff.

What store ?? Got a link ?

Might not be a "link" available.
I can't see how the sale of bear oil would be legal in a store. Sale of wild game parts and products is strictly regulated if not illegal.

That's what I thought also but I have found that there can be exceptions to most rules . Not interested in breaking any laws for patch lube but would like to obtain a little more oil legally than what I now have .

Well, there you go! Gruesome but still a necessary product for those that are left. :doh:

If you want an even greater conundrum, which might get one labeled a nasty word if pure logic is abandoned: groceries come from a grocery store, hardware comes from a hardware store, but I'll be buggered if I know what comes from Douglasville, Georgia's "African Store". Was located on Hwy 92/Fairburn Road a few years ago, and every time I stopped at the pawn shop across the street I wondered if I needed to call the FBI regarding the 13th Amendment.

If you want an even greater conundrum, which might get one labeled a nasty word if pure logic is abandoned: groceries come from a grocery store, hardware comes from a hardware store, but I'll be buggered if I know what comes from Douglasville, Georgia's "African Store". Was located on Hwy 92/Fairburn Road a few years ago, and every time I stopped at the pawn shop across the street I wondered if I needed to call the FBI regarding the 13th Amendment.

Then there is the Mexican grocery store in my neck of the woods . Gotta wonder if they are feeding the local Mexican population or selling them for food .
🌮🌮🌮

I am down to 1 pint jar 😕 I use Bear fat (Not oil) a LOT.
I mix it with Elk tallow and in summertime some bees wax . . . .something like 40/50/10 in a good size tin, then use that as a base, from it
I make a hand cream (Just add a few drops of tea tree oil to mask the Bear fat smell.)
I like it for patch lube
I wipe down the un-blued barrel on my ESR with it.
Use it to lube over loaded chambers on my Revolver.
I even used it to lube a guys new AK47 at the range. . . and it worked like a charm 😏

I am down to 1 pint jar 😕 I use Bear fat (Not oil) a LOT.
I mix it with Elk tallow and in summertime some bees wax . . . .something like 40/50/10 in a good size tin, then use that as a base, from it
I make a hand cream (Just add a few drops of tea tree oil to mask the Bear fat smell.)
I like it for patch lube
I wipe down the un-blued barrel on my ESR with it.
Use it to lube over loaded chambers on my Revolver.
I even used it to lube a guys new AK47 at the range. . . and it worked like a charm 😏

Lubing a Commie Brown Bess with good American bear oil probably transformed it into a precision tuned weapon capable of sub-MOA accuracy on full-auto.

Real story. When Gerber (the babyfood company) went to sell in third-world countries, they ran into a problem. With very high rates of illiteracy, many products are sold with pictures of the contents on the label. Peaches had peaches on the label. Apricots had apricots on the label. Pears had pears on the label. Green beans had green beans on the label.

What did Gerber have on the label of all of there products? If I can't read the word Banana, what does the jar contain? No much market for BABYS as food.

1622410468180.png

I like the Bear lard from the Roxbury store for leather as she puts beeswax in it. She sells Bear lard without beeswax as well that I've thought about trying mainly to use it for cooking. I got some of her bear oil to use for my lock. I like Track's mink oil for my patches.

Latest posts

Back