• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Bear Oil

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to be doing some rendering from my bear, probably next week. I have about 30 lbs that I took from it, although I'm sure it had over 100 lbs. I just don't need that much so I gave it to whoever wanted it and tossed the rest for nature to take care of. I'm sure I will give a lot of it away, seems it's in high demand even for people who don't hunt.

I've never done it before, is there any trick to rendering aside from not heating to hot?

View attachment 162497
Watch clay newcombs stuff on YouTube. He's got good videos on it. (Bear hunting magazine)

Did my first batch today, rendered a 1 gallon ziplock bag down and got almost 3 quarts from it. Looks like nice stuff, beautiful golden color and has a great flavor! The cracklings with some cajun seasoning salt is excellent as well...

Back