• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TC Big Boar 58 cal PDF owners' manual

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Basque1

32 Cal
Reaction score
Does anyone have a copy of the TC Big Boar 58 cal owners' manual on a PDF format that would be willing to share?

While I have a Big Boar I do not have a specific owners manual for it.
Under the "How To " section on this forum is a PDF called Shooting Thompson/ Center Side Lock Black Powder Muzzleloading Firearms.
I know this covers suggested 58 cal. loads and general info on most of their sidelocks.
Hope this helps.
Ed

https://www.tcarms.com/owners-manuals

MANUALS

This collection of owner’s manuals is provided for your convenience, offering detailed information about use and care of Thompson/Center Arms™ brand firearms.

If you don't find your firearm listed, please contact our Customer Service Department at 1-866-730-1614

Here is load data for the 58 cal from a TC manual when they were making 58s. Personally found in my Bobby Hoyt rebores that most of the fun was gone as you approached 100 grains of powder under a round ball. Imagine that the fun leaves even sooner under a 560 grain Maxi.
upload_2019-12-20_18-51-7.jpeg

upload_2019-12-20_18-51-26.jpeg

Last edited:
https://www.tcarms.com/owners-manuals

MANUALS

This collection of owner’s manuals is provided for your convenience, offering detailed information about use and care of Thompson/Center Arms™ brand firearms.

If you don't find your firearm listed, please contact our Customer Service Department at 1-866-730-1614
I called them a few years ago about the 58 and they couldn’t or wouldn’t help. Told me to use the Hawken manual they had online, but it only showed data for the 50. The Customer Service person at the time could only quote what was posted online.

I called them a few years ago about the 58 and they couldn’t or wouldn’t help. Told me to use the Hawken manual they had online, but it only showed data for the 50. The Customer Service person at the time could only quote what was posted online.
Yes I called them too and they said that because of the fact that it was discontinued they had nothing, I find this a bit irresponsible on their part.

The "Shooting Thompson Center Sidelock Black Powder Guns" manual in PDF is available from Thompson Center.
They sent it to me twice, for my .54 Hawken ... and that worthless (to me) "Hawken" manual that only covers the .45 and .50 caliber Hawken rifles.

As I said, the sale is of no benefit to SHOOTERS. I said nothing concerning business. Consumers are the end users of any product and should be considered in all business decisions. "Nor should it be"-you must be kidding.

As I said, the sale is of no benefit to SHOOTERS. I said nothing concerning business. Consumers are the end users of any product and should be considered in all business decisions. "Nor should it be"-you must be kidding.
Own a 1964 Willys jeep. Guess I should bash Chrysler for not supporting it with parts and documentation now that they own the Jeep brand.

Learn to read and comprehend. Nothing I said was about a BUSINESS, just an end user (SHOOTER).
Jeep owner/driver is not an end user same as TC owner?

Unfortunately businesses are bought and sold every day and the stockholders (aka, owners) are the stakeholders and the ones that should be and are considered in all business decisions.

Not sure how you can say ‘should be considered in all business decisions’ and ‘Nothing I said was about a BUSINESS’ in same breath????
Consumers are the end users of any product and should be considered in all business decisions.

Last edited:
Back