• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Looking for a T/C Seneca Manual

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just peer pressured a close friend into buying a caplock .45 caliber T/C Seneca from Track of the Wolf. :) He'll be using the rifle for woods walks and deer hunting in the PA early season instead of his Euroarms Kentuckian .45 flintlock. (He's taken 2 or 3 deer cleanly with the Euroarms so he's familiar with the caliber's performance on game.)

I have better than average Google-Fu, but I have been unable to find a scan of the owner's manual online. TC's website has a PDF of the Hawken manual, but not the Seneca manual.

If anyone has scanned in the Seneca manual and is willing to share it with me, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

The earliest physical copy of the T/C manual I have is copyright 1992.
That one 's face is "Shooting, Thompson Center, Black Powder, Muzzleloading, Firearms"
It is inclusive of 10 models available.
The only designation for the Seneca alone is the load data for the 36 and 45 barrels that they supplied in the last few pages.
Fire destroyed part of the plant in 1996, ending the manufacture of the little gun's, right?

So the actual "Operation" of the rifles are pretty much the same across the board.
Beyond the size of the lock and nipple everything works the same in all the models.
I don't think there is a specific book for the Seneca.

Besides desire, and the lack of a manual, the only thing really useful would be to learn how to properly adjust the double set triggers.

Except for the smaller size, the Cherokee/Seneca rifles are operated the same as most other sidelock percussion rifles. (although some don't have an adjustable rear sight like T/C's do)

You will probably find that the Seneca has the rear sight described on page 65 of the manual that Mr. Raby provided in post #6. Pay special attention to the instructions for the locking set screw associated with windage adjustment. If it isn't loosened before adjustments are made you could cause damage.

Back