• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Taylor vs. cimarron vs. Traditions vs. Pietta?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my pietta 58 has dove tail front sight 2022 manufacturer
My Pietta 1858 sheriffs model was also dovetailed. I say was because I shortened the barrel and may a dovetail for a Hawken style sight. It was 2020 manufacture.

Attachments

• 72066958449__B2A7402F-F127-456C-A87C-F5324FA37EA0.jpeg
    72066958449__B2A7402F-F127-456C-A87C-F5324FA37EA0.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Is there a higher end option for a Colt 1851 Navy or a Remington New Model Army 1858 than Pietta or Uberti?

Pedersoli sells a Target '58 Remington.
Probably the best you can do with the Colt platform revolvers is to have the cyl chambers reamed .0015" - .002" over bore. Forcing cone polished. Endshake set at a minimum. 0025" - .003" ( means the arbor would need to be corrected which will give you the exact same setup each time you reassemble). A close Endshake will allow a "no contact" setup for the hammer face to nipple (for paper punching) and allow dry fire practice. A trigger over travel stop can be installed as well. If your going to shoot cowboy matches, you'll want contact but no dry fire unless you remove nipples or get "practice cylinders".
Another thing to consider is the rifling twist. Uberti's is 1 : 18" while Pietta has 1 : 32".

Just some things to think about.

Mike

Another "fun fact" is the fouling groove on the Pietta arbor is backwards. The Uberti's are correct.
Just sumpthing else to think about . . .

Mike

Back