• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Take Note! August 2015 contest

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jethro224

Reaction score
I'm running low on loose leaf notebook paper and you can blame MDK_WV for this idea.
Do your best to punch some holes in an 8.5" x 11" sheet of blank typing/printer paper and turn it into loose leaf notebook paper for me. :haha:

Post your target at 25 yards.

Take 3 shots at your target. The object is to place one hole dead center and one hole 1" from the top and another 1" from the bottom along a line drawn 1" in from the edge of the paper. So it looks kinda like notebook paper.

Each shot will be measured from the stated aiming points to the center of the closest bullet hole.

Take only 3 shots. No do overs. A miss is a miss.

Targets with less than 3 holes due to a miss (or more) will be scored in separate categories.

One target entry per member.

3 shots per target, hit or miss.

Mutilated targets and targets with more than 3 holes (or less than one hole) will be disqualified.

No do-overs.

Only registered forum members may participate.

Only traditional, open iron sighted muzzleloading firearms (NO Cannons). Percussion or flintlock ignition.

Single patched round ball only. No restrictions on caliber. (a patchless ball may be used if so desired)

Shots will be taken off-hand at the stated distance.(Standing or seated is allowed, elbows unsupported by anything other than the shooters torso)(In the event that a member is not physically able to hold his rifle up unsupported, a "prop-rod" that is supported only by the shooters torso, no part of which prop-rod may touch the ground, may be used to hold up the fore-end of the rifle)

Only original targets will be accepted. No copies, faxes, scans, etc.

The score of the target will be determined by the judge.

Judges decisions are final.

Each contestant's score will be posted at the end of the contest.

Your member screen name must be written on your targets.

Mail your target postmarked by August 31, 2015 to;

Jim Green
P.O.Box 322
Pekin, IL 61555

Targets will not be returned unless an S.A.S.E. is included.

Be safe and have fun! :hatsoff:

Must be all of that "I been rendezvousin', drinkin', and shootin'". Killed a few brain cells. They do need some trimmin now and then.... :rotf:

I'll be in this one. Missed the last one as I was at my off the grid cabin in Vermont for a month. No cell, internet, TV, electric etc.....Wife and I hike, fish and kayak. Spent a month there and going back for another in a week :thumbsup:

Dave

"The object is to place one hole dead center and one hole 1" from the top and another 1" from the bottom along a line drawn 1" in from the edge of the paper. So it looks kinda like notebook paper." ...Jethro

Just so we're on the same page (pun intended), Jethro, all 3 shots have to be on the added left hand margin @ 25yd.?

Must be all of that "I been rendezvousin', drinkin', and shootin'". Killed a few brain cells. They do need some trimmin now and then.... :rotf:

I still have one good one. Just gotta wait until it comes around every so often. :haha:

Sounds like you and the Mrs. have a nice place to get away to. :thumbsup:

Maven said:
"The object is to place one hole dead center and one hole 1" from the top and another 1" from the bottom along a line drawn 1" in from the edge of the paper. So it looks kinda like notebook paper." ...Jethro

Just so we're on the same page (pun intended), Jethro, all 3 shots have to be on the added left hand margin @ 25yd.?

That is correct.

Sounds like you and the Mrs. have a nice place to get away to. :thumbsup: [/quote]

Yep we love our little cabin in the woods and go there as much as possible. Did I mention the great trout stream across the road?

My target is on its way. Not sure what kind of notebook/binder you have but hopefully the rings for the wholes are quite adjustable!!! :idunno:

Dave

Jethro224 said:
Only traditional, open iron sighted muzzleloading firearms (NO Cannons). Percussion or flintlock ignition.

Does my remington new army revolver count? Or is it strictly longarms only?

Sadly I think I'm a better shot with the revolver.

I'll try to find a piece of paper without the pre-drilled holes for this one :doh:

I hope you mark it the right way up this time too :grin:

Does my remington new army revolver count? Or is it strictly longarms only?

You may use a pistol or revolver if you like so long as they fall under the traditional definitions as set by the forum.
Yes, you can use your Remington New Army.

I hope you mark it the right way up this time too :grin:
I think I'll mark it just like everybody up here's targets. It was hard to measure while standing on my head... :surrender:
:haha:

Shot on Saturday. In the mail this morning.

All I can say is that I should have used the handgun :(

Back