Quantcast

Tack Driver Shooting....

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Reaction score
Digging one out of the archives....

I've read "For Sale" ads for years now on the internet saying "this gun is a tack driver."
Hmmm....I just had to see if I own one. Yep.. FINALLY....it earned the name of a tack driver..LOL:
Enjoy.....
Iqho26tuS&index=28

Last edited:
Reaction score
Mark you could have used a colt 45 and used the handle to drive the nails in like they do on the western TV shows to tack up a wanted poster, then you would have had a true "tack driver",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 😁
I LOVE this answer...that's funny!!!

Dale Lilly

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Next fasten a knife sharp edge out and try splitting the ball. I've heard folks talk about that. Anyone wanna place bets? :dunno: Polecat

Kansas Jake

54 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I've did it a few times years ago. I think we were shooting at 15-20 yards. There were blue rocks on either side of the axe head to break. At that range it is easier than it would seem.

toot

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Digging one out of the archives....

I've read "For Sale" ads for years now on the internet saying "this gun is a tack driver."
Hmmm....I just had to see if I own one. Yep.. FINALLY....it earned the name of a tack driver..LOL:
Enjoy.....
Iqho26tuS&index=28
thanks for posting. isn't there any thing that, that guy won't try? I rely like him. he is down to earth. no bells & whistles with his site.

Flint62Smoothie

50 Cal.
Reaction score
We have the axe setup! Whenever we have the Boy Scout troops or other youth groups at our muzzleloading range, we always pick out the `one kid' who is the shyest or the one the rest of the kids are most likely to tease or poke fun at. When we load the muzzleloader for them, it is a smoothbore loaded with birdshot. When they hit both birds/balloons ... they become an instant hero!

I like to think that we have changed the lives of these kids!

hanshi

Cannon
Reaction score
Tough shot, but trying to cut a playing card is tougher, "hanging chad" sorta thing.

Reaction score
Tough shot, but trying to cut a playing card is tougher, "hanging chad" sorta thing.
I was at Friendship last year on the WW event. 3 of us 4 shooters actually split a card in half. You can guess who choked. I just had to come home & it try this for myself!

Reaction score
We have the axe setup! Whenever we have the Boy Scout troops or other youth groups at our muzzleloading range, we always pick out the `one kid' who is the shyest or the one the rest of the kids are most likely to tease or poke fun at. When we load the muzzleloader for them, it is a smoothbore loaded with birdshot. When they hit both birds/balloons ... they become an instant hero!

I like to think that we have changed the lives of these kids!
Yes...you did! I can still remember shooting 22 rifles at the BSA camp near Portsmouth Ohio 40+ years ago. I still enjoy the shooting sports, especially BP shooting!!

toot

32 Cal.
Reaction score
he is great! how can you not like his site? he is truly AMERICANA!!

toot

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I tell it like it is. I can't get enough of the things that you tackle in relation to muzzle loading. things that we either wonder about and never do or try it after watching your site. keep it up you have a great following on your site. thanks for the response. your site rock's!!