• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C White Mtn Carbine

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerem0621

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Have any of you had any experience with the T/C White Mtn Carbine in flintlock? I found one but I have concern about the shortness of the barrel. This would be my first hunting flintlock.

Thank you,

Jerem0621

Hi
I have a white mountain carbine in percussion its a very very good rifle it got me two sliver medals in our state championships (NSW Australia)..
they are a fast twist and if you want to use round ball you will needs to use light loads for accuracy I use 35 grains 2f with 498 ball and 15# twill patch with olive oil ..if you want it for hunting about 65 grain is enough but you will need to use 490 ball with 10# patch to keep things on target they are great up to about 75 yards after that the groups open up a bit.
regards Robyn :v

Don't know about the flint version but a friend of my nephew's who hunts with us has one in cap and it does fine. He has taken two deer the last two years that I have hunted with him. Don't see why one in flint should be any different if that brand and style of gun is what you like.

Have had a WMC in 50 cal Perc for close to 20 years now. It does alright. I wouldn't consider it a tack driver or anything and it thumps your shoulder like a sledgehammer with a good dose of FFg (90 - 100 gr) and a heavy conical... Mine's good for 3 - 4" @ 100... Doesn't shoot PRB much more accurately...

I have one in flint love it never failed . It's good in deep woods. I shoot round ball and the "real bullet" both give me 2to3in groups at 75 to 80yds.

I shot my one and only deer with a white mountain .50 flinter last december at 110 yards. I love mine and have a few others in cap (hence my screen name). I shoot 90 grains of FFF even though I know it probably doesn't burn it all because of the short barrel. With the short barrel, you sacrifice velocity more than accuracy I think...but they still work. good luck

What caliber is it?
Depending on it's caliber and age, the WMC can have a 1:20, up to a 1:48 ROT.
I have an older caplock WMC in .54 with a 1:48 twist and it shoots Round balls accurately.
They are good shooters if you keep your range reasonable.
Light, easy to carry all day, carbine.

Back