• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C Warranty

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobbles

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Well boys, I just got off the phone with T/C, I called to order nother spring to hold on my ram rod, I want to try 2 springs cause I now use a solid brass one and it's heavy and try's to jump out a lil when fired, Plus I wanted nother aperture for my peep sight, She took part of my address and said it was on file so she had the rest of it and said it will be sent,, I said " do you still have my CC number? and she said no but didn't need it, there was no cost,, I said "wait",, There is nothin wrong with the spring, >I< just want to put two on and >I< drilled the sight part bigger, there is nothin wrong with the parts you sent me, I told her we talk bout the T/C warranty on the muzzleloadin form and we all are impressed, BUT this I will pay for cause the parts are/were good, it's just me changin em round, SHe said she understands that and it was 0k, there is still no charge...
Boys,,,, I don't know what to say,,,

Well boys, I just got off the phone with T/C, I called to order nother spring to hold on my ram rod, I want to try 2 springs cause I now use a solid brass one and it's heavy and try's to jump out a lil when fired, Plus I wanted nother aperture for my peep sight, She took part of my address and said it was on file so she had the rest of it and said it will be sent,, I said " do you still have my CC number? and she said no but didn't need it, there was no cost,, I said "wait",, There is nothin wrong with the spring, >I< just want to put two on and >I< drilled the sight part bigger, there is nothin wrong with the parts you sent me, I told her we talk bout the T/C warranty on the muzzleloadin form and we all are impressed, BUT this I will pay for cause the parts are/were good, it's just me changin em round, SHe said she understands that and it was 0k, there is still no charge...
Boys,,,, I don't know what to say,,,

They've been that way with me for 15+ years...they know how to keep customers, get repeat business, and get good word of mouth advertising like this.

Just this morning I called TC to get a new sideplate for a flint lock assembly because I had bought a used lock, that had rust/scale scattered across the sideplate...when I took a wire brush wheel to it, the case coloring came right off with it.

Explained it to TC and asked if they had any slightly used / good ones laying around in a drawer somewhere...they said no, but they'd send a new one right out...I asked the price, they said don't worry about that, they'd send me a new one.

Incredible...can't beat it

Afternoon roundball
Ya know, I don't care what brand of weapons are out there, I'll stay with T/C, I owe it to em,, I'm impressed,,,

They've been that way with me for 15+ years...they know how to keep customers, get repeat business, and get good word of mouth advertising like this.

You're right on the money there. I don't have a T/C, but with all these stories about their service/warranty, I sure am thinking about one for my next BP purchase. I can't be the only one, either.

I could list over a half dozen TC warranty stories like yours. All of them attest to what a great company TC is. Regardless of whether its BP guns or the Contenders, they've been right there for me.

Don't know whether my next smokepole will be traditional or inline, but I do know it'll be TC.

If only they'd put the Senecas and Cherokees back in production :( { ...anyone listening? }.
Bob

I now use a solid brass one and it's heavy and try's to jump out a lil when fired,

Is the brass ramrod the same diameter? It must be heavy; does it change the balance of the gun or make it feel front-heavy.

Mornin Gabby's Gaze
Yes sir it is the same diameter, And yep,, it is heavy, I didn't like it at first, (old dog, new tricks) and I did have to get use to it, I am on 60 acres and walk a bit here but I balance it on my shoulder and hold onto the barrel when I walk, The weight of the rod does make loadin it easier, and yes it does make the front heavier, But for some reason,,, I like it,,

I've got one of those brass rods for my GPR. 33" long, it must add a pound to the weight of the rifle and makes it quite muzzle heavy. If you're fresh, I think it stabilizes the hold. But if you're tired, you're better off without it. The GPR by itself is plenty heavy enough.

Makes a great range-rod though.
Bob

Brass rods can be had either solid or hollow. I have brass rods in all my guns, about 20 of them, only way to go but the one that I climb these mountains with is hollow, weights about the same as a wooden one but is much stiffer,
easier to load with and doesn't break. Never had any problem with them coming out. I have bent the ramrod springs on TCs to give more tention though.

I have been contemplating getting a brass rod..and contemplating the hollow ones even more. Kinda curious though...the hollow ones...how far from either end are they solid? See, I would like to get one that has a 10-32 hole on both ends, that way if I have to, I can screw in a handle to aid in pulling a dry ball, etc. Also..could the rod seperate at the juncture of the hollow and solid part?

I got to get me a hollow one,,,

John at October Country just made a couple more hollow ones for me to go with the 33" .54cal snmoothbore barrel I recently got...and makes them very strong using .060" wall thickness brass...plus, you'll have to look very very close to even tell that the ends are pinned.

I also have him do a 1.5" cross-hatch pattern on the tip under the muzzle for a good grip to pull it out...$20 delivered from Idaho to NC.

Send him an Email telling to do yours like the ones for the guy in North Carolina...you'll be very satisfied.

www.octobercountry.com

Afternoon roundball
Thanks, that's what I needed, I'm gonna get me one,,

Mornin roundball
K, I got it ordered, It will cost me bout $22.50,, I'm not as important as you, I told them that was 0k, to ship it anyway,, Thanks again,, :blue:

The difference is probably due to a minor discount given to members of another board where October Country is an advertiser.
BTW, who did you talk to out there?

roundball
I talked to the lady, both Johns were busy, She was a lot of fun to talk to, She told me bout the discount you got and why,, I was just funnin ya,

roundball
I talked to the lady, both Johns were busy, She was a lot of fun to talk to, She told me bout the discount you got and why,, I was just funnin ya,

John and Linda...oustanding people...unfortunately, they've just sold October Country to new owners...are phasing themselves out and will be gone by November 8th...relocating down into southern Idaho.

The new owner, also named John, currently intends to continue everything the way it was...hope so

Back