• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

t/c trigger convertion

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AgesofDays

40 Cal.
Reaction score
awhile ago I believe I saw a convertion kit that converted a renagade 2 trigger to a one trigger setup anyone else ever seen this?

You can still order these from Fox Ridge (TC "custom" shop) I have been thinking about getting one for my Renegade. Does anyone know what the trigger pull is like or if it is adjustable?

I have a .58 Big Boar with that trigger.The factory pull was about 12 lbs.It ain't adjustable.Smoothing and polishing got it down to 9 lbs.Shortening the sear spring got it down to 4 lbs.I'd rather have the set trigger myself.

I had a Renegade hunter with the 1 trigger, it was bad, I converted it to the double trigger.
The front trigger on a double trigger is as good or better than the single trigger.

I'd stick with the set trigger. You don't need to set it to use it, but having the option to do so is sure nice. I wish my New Englander had a set trigger. I really dislike the single trigger.

pab1 said:
You can still order these from Fox Ridge (TC "custom" shop) I have been thinking about getting one for my Renegade. Does anyone know what the trigger pull is like or if it is adjustable?
The TC trigger conversion kit I've seen was nothing more than the same hardware used with the double set triggers, but with the rear set trigger physically removed.

It was as horrible as their typical front triggers are on their double set trigger group because it was the same trigger...I've reworked all my front triggers as much as possible and got them smoothed out a lot but they're still not like a good trigger should be so I just use the set trigger for everything.

Is that the same as what comes on their single trigger guns? Would it be better to find an older, original single trigger and install it? As I said, mine is a suitable single hunting trigger, but it came as-is on that model.

RedFeather said:
Is that the same as what comes on their single trigger guns? Would it be better to find an older, original single trigger and install it? As I said, mine is a suitable single hunting trigger, but it came as-is on that model.
I don't know what comes on their single trigger guns...if it's a different design, the mortise for the trigger would probably be different and an older one probably wouldn't just 'drop in', plus, you'd have to use an old style trigger guard, which wouldn't just drop-on either

Back