• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Converting a percussion to a flintlock?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As a lefty, I am fortunate to have three left handed percussion rifles. Of the two left handed carbines, a Cabela's (Investarms) and a T/C Renegade, would it be feasibly doable to convert one of them from a percussion to a flintlock? Left handed flintlocks are not the easiest of cheapest guns to find. I really wish that I would've picked up a Lyman Deerstalker when they were readily available.

It’s easy in technical terms. You need a lock that fits the mortise or is just slightly bigger.
If you have a drum you pull the drum and replace with a bolt. Drill a touch hole in the bolt.
You may get a touch hole liner that fits the hole. But it might not line up your touch hole where you needed.

a Cabela's (Investarms) and a T/C Renegade, would it be feasibly doable to convert one of them from a percussion to a flintlock?
Yes, but not as simple as plug-n-play,,
You'd need to find and change the barrels breech plug, (probably easier to find a solid plug and drill your own hole for the channel)
And, find the left hand Rpl flint "lock" itself that would fit the stock.
It's been done,, but might be a little tougher in todays world of limited supply.
It would take some serious searching/waiting for the parts.

Thank you Gentlemen, it might be more practical to just find one. It's too bad Lymann and T/C decided to end their runs on manufacturing muzzleloaders.. I asked here in the for sale/wanted section and have kept my eyes open on GB and other places.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back