• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C rear sight removal

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How does one remove the rear (ugly, non-traditional) sight on a Renegade/Hawken barrel? I know it has two mounting screws, but how do you get at them? I'm new to T/C guns and never had to remove such a sight before. Thanks in advance for any help.
Also, heard that Cain's has just produced a more traditional replacement sight for the T/C but has pulled it for the time being. Any word on this?

the big screw to adjust elevation on the top comes all the way out and the top part of the site swings over and there's the two screws ya need to remove...........bob

Depending on which sight you have, you may need to drive out the retaining pin on the front hinge point of the rear sight.

Then you can lift out the the top blade of the sight and access the mount that is attached to the barrel.
:m2c:

Thanks Tahquamenon. That's just what I had to do. Relieving the top screw didn't work on this site. Drifted out the pin as you said and I got it off. Thanks to both you & Bob for your input here.

yer welcome :front: ....anything to help out....i'll have some questions comeing soon with my build....stay tuned..............bob

Latest posts

Back