• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C Patriot Dates

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And never knowin’ how long it may have languished on the dearler’s shelves you’ll still never know.

I agree. This will only work if the data comes from original purchasers, or the build date is documented.
So, far, we have only one original purchase.

I have a feeling that a lot of folks who bought Patriots new have parted with them. I see Patriots at sanctioned matches and the new person does not do well. I do not know if it is the pistol or if the person is not an accomplished shooter. At any rate, if the person does come back, they have a different pistol.

I keep detailed records of guns. The list has description (make and model), serial number, year, price, from where, etc., that is how I know.

Since the stocks are prone to cracking some may have parted with them to get what money they can and not worry about repairs.

It has been 32 years since they were last made, I have a feeling lots of the original owners are deceased or they have parted with them as above.

I bought my Patriot from the original purchaser three months ago. Never been fired, and still in the original shipping box. The box has a shipping date from Thompson Center in New Hampshire of October 29, 1975. The serial number on the pistol is 10358...I still haven't shot it yet..

I bought my Patriot from the original purchaser three months ago. Never been fired, and still in the original shipping box. The box has a shipping date from Thompson Center in New Hampshire of October 29, 1975. The serial number on the pistol is 10358...I still haven't shot it yet..
Then it would be reasonable to assume my gun was made in or before 1975! That would make it a pretty early gun, no?
Wonder what the first serial number was ? Some manufactures do not start at 1.

What years where the T/C Patriot manufactured?
I'm trying to date the one I have.
Got to thinking perhaps one could nail down the start of Patriot production from old Gun Digest catalogs as they are pretty good about showing whats in current production each year.

Back