• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C Patriot Dates

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was aware of that. But I am looking to find out what was the first and the last year of production. Also the number produced would be nice to have.
Maybe someone knows this bit of information.

If you could find somebody with a pretty complete set of catalogs you might find when they were introduced & when they quit appearing in the catalogs to give ya a rough time frame. As to the numbers made & when, see above post about the fire. It’s T/C’s catch-all answer for anybody seeking info.

I was aware of that. But I am looking to find out what was the first and the last year of production. Also the number produced would be nice to have.
Maybe someone knows this bit of information.

I don't blame you one bit for asking.
Have you tried to search the MLF database?
That info. could have been posted by someone 10 years ago who no longer posts.
On the other hand, someone may know and will post it here for the 1st time or post it again.

But folks could also try to use the MLF archives and advanced search feature if they really want to increase their chances of finding out the information that they want.
Left click inside the search box at the top right hand corner of the page, then click on "more" at the bottom of the drop-down menu to open the advanced search page.
Placing search words inside quotation marks will help search for more than only one single word.--->>> https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/threads/search-for-phrase.100587/#post-1319190

Last edited:
What years where the T/C Patriot manufactured?
I'm trying to date the one I have.
I don't know for certain but the Thompson Center Patriot pistol shows up in my 1972 copyright "BLACK POWDER GUN DIGEST" book and the "Third Edition Blue Book of Modern Black Powder Values" says the pistol was discontinued in 1987.

The first Patriot was believe to be a [very] early production model while the 2nd is later production.
Note all of the differences.
When the photos of the 1st Patriot were posted, no one had recalled ever seeing one like it before.
Not really sure about why but one can only surmise.

F83E8929-6890-437F-8445-0D58F232DE79.jpeg

413925905.jpg

Additional photos of the "early" Patriot.

86FBA92C-3EF5-4EA9-9D5E-ECCFF73F1485.jpeg

757D5F3E-3F1A-4679-A9FF-8EE24FC0C984.jpeg

54BE4921-A43F-4045-AD18-D59BFB09FFD0.jpeg

FF83BE42-89F6-4330-8B0D-B8A8823B46FB.jpeg

Photos courtesy of whughett.

Last edited:
Mine is a Gen2, like the second one shown in the above photos.
Serial # is 5-digits, #36xxx.
Since the barrel has the #, there is no guarantee that it matches up with the stock.
Was hoping to get a ballpark manufacture date for it.

"Mine has the brass trigger guard and steel loading rod Ferrel"

Mine is as yours.

I quit shooting it, it's a plow handle and there are matches you cannot shoot it in.

Nice pistols, but it will not hold a candle to others.

"Mine has the brass trigger guard and steel loading rod Ferrel"

Mine is as yours.

I quit shooting it, it's a plow handle and there are matches you cannot shoot it in.

Nice pistols, but it will not hold a candle to others.
Yeah, both my Yazel's will out shoot it, at least in my hands.

On another forum, there are photos of a another .45 Patriot for sale without a nose cap like the "early" model posted above.

The problem looking at things on the internet is to use Zonies phrase, there is to much
frinkling going on today with MLs.

It is very hard to find a T/C Hawken or Renegade that has not been frinkled with.

Folks are always changing them up. Adding new sights, triggers, barrels, thinning down the height of the stock, refinishing the stock, changing the brass to iron and a bunch of other changes. Soon it will be hard to find an authenticl T/C product.

I found on the internet what was advertised as an "early" T/C Hawken. Some knot head took a Renegade, added Hawken furniture and did a very poor job.

Beware of what it advertised in some places.

I know what you mean.
Unless more than one is seen, a person might think that it's a kit gun, has a replacement stock or is customized.
But found by some coincidence, here's the other .45 Patriot just to show that more than one exists.

TC 3.jpg
TC 4.jpg

Last edited:
I agree. This will only work if the data comes from original purchasers, or the build date is documented.
So, far, we have only one original purchase.

Back