• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C hunting peep sight

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Wilkinson

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Anyone use TC's hunting peep (tang style) sight?
I think my 45 cal Cherokee has this sight on it..
it was on it when I bought it and it looks similar
to the one in TC's catalog,,anyway I am thinking of using this sight on my 54 White Mt carbine and
my 58 Big Boar since I really like it on the Cherokee..just wondering if any one else is using this sight and their thoughts on this...

Yep: have one on my t/c flinter 50 cal. man a whole world of difference with tired old eyes ,that front fiber optic sight sticks out like a sore thumb.I would just open it a tad larger for hunting think I went a .090 hole on the rear peep.I tried the williams set-up that also bolts to the tang,for some strange reason I did not like the williams peep sight.
I can say they go for new $40.25 over at MIDSOUTH seem to be the cheapest price around :thumbsup:

afternoon timbo
Yep, and I like mine, I use the Hi-Viz front optic sight, The short one and large optic, They give you 3 size's and 2 colors ,,,

Yup 2 of them looking for a third , need to be carful with them they kinda hang there out in space ,open it up if you are hunting with it

Hello all....Just found out about this forum and just joined today! I have a T/C Renegade with a T/C roundball barrel (the 1 in 66" from Fox Ridge). I find that I am no longer able to use original open sights due to my aging eyesight. The T/C hunter peep allowed me to keep hunting with this rifle, and I have used it for a number of years now. Like lonewolf5347 I did drill out the aperture, but to the maximum possible. I took the largest drill bit that would fit inside the front of the sight (inside the part that screws in)to enlarged it. I paint the front bead with a small dab of flourescent orange paint, but am thinking about replacing it with a newfangled fiber-optic sight (bowing to the practical).
Larry

Timbo, the peeps work really well. They're a worthwhile addition. They don't seem to work as well in low light though, to my eyes anyway.

I've been trying to find one for my T/C Seneca for several months now. Did yours come with the gun, or did you add it on? If you added it, where did you find it?

The T/C Hunting style tang peep sight is available through Cabelas. It is listed in their shooting catalog as ZT-21-0162-194 for $49.99 plus shipping.
Larry

It doesn't fit the older guns like the Seneca or Cherokee though. That's the sight I'm trying to find. I keep hearing of them being out there, but so far I guess I keep missing them. Thanks though. :)

I wouldn't bother borin' out the aperature, just unscrew it and use the housin' as the hole to peep through. Anything under 1/8" don't allow much light except on bright days, and then not in the glomin'. :winking:

it came with the gun, not sure if it is a TC brand sight but it sure looks like one from the picture in TC catalog...I like it alot on the little Cherokee,,I also have a 32 cal barrel that came with it,,I have to adjust the peep when I change barrels but it works fine for both barrels

As noted above, just unscrew the aperture and use the hole it screws into as the rear aperture. Works like a charm. Then you can just screw it back in when you shoot targets, if you want to.

I have one on my New Englander and it makes a world of diference. I also have a second apature which is larger and rimmed with brass that really makes it easy to use in low light in combination with a white bead front site. Makes it a lot easier to see when in the woods or early and late in the day.

Back