• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C Help

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My god, dude! Believe me, you're outa line. No one even REMOTELY made fun of you, so settle down and stop worrying about trolls under every bridge.
wait!!!!!!!! you mean there isn't trolls under every bridge??????????? you mean i have been worrying all these 8 decades for nothing???

it is easy to misconstrue the true tone of something written on these pages. though some have an abrupt way of saying things they mean no disrespect by it. there are a few posters that tend to piz me off with what i perceive as condescending, but they still offer a nut of wisdom.
react negatively and others may be hesitant to offer exactly what information you need. ymmv

addendum. You probably won't find anyone here more knowledgeable of TC's than Bubba
I'm guilty of it. I mean no harm to anyone but sometimes when I am joking around I forget to type my "lol" at the end. It happens when I text on my phone also. I would do good to go to etic at school. I can't even spell it.

And use the cheap steel screws while working on it & only use the brass screws for final assembly.
The steel screws provided for use during assembly and finishing had Phillips heads, while the brass ones were slotted. The Phillips wasn’t invent until the 1930s (too late for muzzleloaders), and few brass screws seemed to have been used back in the day, plus the soft brass heads are easy to mess up. All that to say I have gone back and replaced most all the brass screws on mine with slotted dome or flat head steel screws, just because I like how they look.

The steel screws provided for use during assembly and finishing had Phillips heads, while the brass ones were slotted. The Phillips wasn’t invent until the 1930s (too late for muzzleloaders), and few brass screws seemed to have been used back in the day, plus the soft brass heads are easy to mess up. All that to say I have gone back and replaced most all the brass screws on mine with slotted dome or flat head steel screws, just because I like how they look.

Yep. For as much as I love TC muzzleloaders one thing I've always hated is the cheap screws they used, both brass and steel.

In a similar but different vein, I've been known to replace all the steel screws on a Renegade or New Englander with dome-head brass screws for a bit of contrast.

Last edited by a moderator:
thank to y'all for your posts on a kit build .I am considering it you all gave me hope. to get an ar people told me not to try, so I built one . I'm not a wood worker so that will be much researching, but I picked up a lot of info on this site. By the way I'm going to go with a flintlock 50 I think.

Putting a TC kit together is fairly easy, I now this because I put one together all by myself some 60 years ago. The only challenging part is finishing the thing. I used a plum browning solution on the barrel and the barrel had to be smoothed and completely dried. This was the most challenging part of the whole deal, Staining the wood after sanding was next, fairly easy. Now it's time for friendly discussion, not disparaging remarks that have nothing to do with putting a kit together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back