• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C Hawken serial number question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

w_dexter

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I recently aquired a TC Hawken 45cal percussion in excellent condition,just wondering if anyone might know when it was produced or if others here own one made about the same time if one can determine that by the serial number,the serial number is 261xxx.I do know TC stopped making the 45 cal some time ago but I dont even know when that was....thanks in advance

Closest I'd venture to offer is sometime in the 1980's for that barrel. And that because I doubt TC built a quarter million Hawken barrels the first decade they offered them. But I could easily be wrong as the TC data base I've assembled really doesn't suggest a closer guess.

FWIW

WA

from what i understand from doodlin' around on this and a couple other sites the hawken was introduced in 1974 and numbers started at 1000. i know that they're at least into the 600,000 range by now so that would put yours about a third of the way 'tween then and now? for what it's worth, bubba.

The TC Hawken was introduced in 1970, not 1974, hence the 25th anniversary model Hawken offered in 1995.

With declining sales the number of barrels produced per year has declined radically for quite a few years now (and may have or all but stopped). The Hawken was up to 500,000 serial numbers 15 years ago.

FWIW
:v

Back