• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C gone modern?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wes/Tex

Cannon
Reaction score
Had a friend asked when T/C went out of the "real" gun business and I drew a blank...not unusual for me at this time of life! :wink: Anybody recall with more accuracy than "a few years ago"? :confused: :haha:

I don't know exactly, but I believe the Hawken was still cataloged a couple years ago. The price had reached somewhere around $750. as well as I remember. I still see the Traditions version of the Hawken at Sportsman's Warehouse. But I wouldn't put them anywhere near the TC quality. A lot of nice used rifles, at good prices, are still showing up at gun show. I saw a really nice one yesterday for $250. and replacement parts are still out there in new old stock, at some small gun shops. I forgot who purchased TC, but I agree, they seem to have gone modern.

Wes/Tex said:
Had a friend asked when T/C went out of the "real" gun business and I drew a blank...not unusual for me at this time of life! :wink: Anybody recall with more accuracy than "a few years ago"? :confused: :haha:

Still in the real gun business, just no making Traditional M/Ls.

The Contender was the "Original" T/C firearm.

S&W did indeed buy TC and the N.H. Factory was closed. I had a problem with a TC Hawken percussion lock and that was after S&W bought them out. I was told to send the lock in and they replaced it free of charge. Thompson Center under S&W will still honor their warranty, at least as long as they still have the spare parts. I did notice the shipping address though. It was to Thompson Center, in care of S&W, Springfield MA. Respectfully, cowboys1062.

According to the T/C website, the only "muzzleloaders" they make are the pretend ones that look like modern guns.

TC quit making the Hawken model sometime back. But as of last year they still had spare parts for them and would still honor their life time warranty. I guess they will be able to do this as long as they still have parts available. Yes you right! since S&w bought the company they only sell those inline jobs. They did replace a percussion lock for me as early as last year though. Respectfully, cowboys1062.

nhmoose said:
When S&W bought them and closed the NH facility that was TC.

Sad that Thompson sold out, and to S + W at that.

S+W is ran by a bunch of greedy hypocrites that catered/caved in to the gun grabbers whims. I'll NEVER buy anything new S+W, but a nice old used M29 would be a different story.........

I have a good stock of TC hawkens, renegades, and parts. Even some NOS slow twist barrels (not for sale).

I regret not buying a nice TC hawken last winter in 54 with lyman peep for $200.

Investarms is still making a similar hawken style of good quality and reasonable cost, but it's not american.

From what I understand from folks in the industry S&W bought them for their rifle barrel machinery.

Hope they like the ratcheted rifling TC could not cure. (Family member was involved and TC paid good money to ignore his advise.)

Being from NH and knowing all in the ML trade here and manufactures I have to believe this.

All of our historical type ML was given away for profits IMHO.

"All of our historical type ML was given away for profits IMHO".

Profits are what keep the employees working and taking home a pay check, just like Green Mountain did, gave up and went to the government for a pay check for their employees.

Companies work for the stock holders, pure and simple, not for the dreamers.

Start your own company and do as you wish as you go forward.

Back