• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C question for those in the know.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Was the short lived T/C Big Boar nothing more than a Renegade Hunter in 58 cal? Do the hunter triggers/tangs and lock interchange?

I got to eyeball one a few months ago for a little bit and while I didn't have a Renegade available to do a heads up comparison my first impression was it was a Renegade hunter until I read the barrel markings.

So who amongst us knows. Speculation, I can do myself! 🤣

Thank you. That is what it appeared to me too.
Yup, the stocks are interchangeable and basically the same.As you probably know you can put the BIG BOAR .58 barrel on a Renegade stock with Double Set triggers.Thats what I did for Hunting.Around the time of the Big Boar the Renegade Hunter started coming with the Boar rubber buttplate.My renegade hunter has a steel buttplate.

Way beyond and way ahead of you from 45 days ago, but thanks anyways. Big Boar stock with renegade 22" barrel bored out to 58 cal 1:32 twist.

big58.jpg

Yes, the 'Big Boar' is a single trigger Renegade. About the only difference between it & the 'Renegade Hunter' is caliber and I believe the 'Hunter' had the regular Renegade steel buttplate.
Also of note, the Big Boar stock is beefier than the standard renegade stock, both in the wrist and the forearm.

Top gun is the Big Boar stock
second down is a Renegade Hunter stock (with a rubber pad I put on it from a White Mountain Carbine)

Thumper Carbines.jpg

Another thing worth noting is the Renegade barrels are also a fit to the TC Hawken with 1" barrel channel.
And a 15/16th" Hawken barrel will fit the White Mountain Carbine 50 cal 15/16th channel. I be thinking that it would make a nice lightweight 54 cal carbine if you can get Hoyt to bore it out and cut it down to say 23" and get a 1:38 twist for it.

It would make a nice conical shooting hunting gun with reasonable loads! Use the CVA 375/425 grain or a 450 grain Plains bullet with around 80 grains of FFFg. It would spit out the 375 gr at around 1360 fps and have muzzle energy of a little over 1500ftlbs....more than adequate for elk at 75 yards and deer out to 125 yards

Last edited:
Also of note, the Big Boar stock is beefier than the standard renegade stock, both in the wrist and the forearm.

Top gun is the Big Boar stock
second down is a Renegade Hunter stock (with a rubber pad I put on it from a White Mountain Carbine)

View attachment 212875
I cant tell a difference between my big bore stocks and my renegades but haven't paid super close attention my big boar currently sits on a renegade double trigger stock while the single trigger sits in safe

Back