• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C Cleland Match Rifle Value?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveinny

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I got a call tonight from a friend that wants to sell his Cleland Hawkins Match rifle. It's 40 cal with a 54 frame in like new condition. He said it was strictly a competion rife and he is a hunter and has no use for it. I can't find anything on the net to come up with an asking price. Anyone want to venture a guess. I will probably post it here in the classifieds if he gives me the Ok.
Thanks
Dave

All I can tell you is that my 2003-2004 Eders catalog lists the regular T/C Hawken for $489.99 and the Cleland Match for $619.95

Robert

FYI, the only thing special about the cleland is the click adjustable thumb-wheel rear sight...otherwise it's just a .40cal TC Hawken with a 1" x 1:48" barrel.

If you already happen to have a regular 15/16" TC Hawken stock, you can get a new GM 15/16" x 33" x .40cal barrel for about $220, with deeper grooves like all their round ball barrels.

I've seen them listed on auctions for $400-$500 but never saw one sell for that...just sit there.

Thanks Guys, I will let him know tomorrow. He just blew a bunch of money on some parts for another gun, and I think he's a little strapped for cash right now.
Dave

I had been wondering about those guns. In the last year I have seen them shown on several web sites for sale as a hard to get item. TC does not list them in their catalog. So I was wondering who was making them? Are they done in TC's custom shop?

Chad Cleland.
Chad has spent a lot of time hunting, which he does almost exclusively with a muzzle loader. He has taken squirrels with a .30 caliber flint lock in Ohio, a 325 lb. mule deer in Alberta, Canada with a .50 caliber in-line and everything in between. We have decided to post just a partial list of Chad’s shooting sports accomplishments, due to limited space. These include, but are certainly not limited to, and in no particular order: EIGHT Time NRA Black Powder Rifle National Champion, in excess of 25 NMLRA (National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association) National Titles, in excess of 15 National Records, U.S. Department of Defense Distinguished Rifleman, Member of U.S. Army Marksmanship Unit High Power Rifle Shooting Team, Certified NRA Pistol, Submachine Gun, Basic Firearms AND Personal Protection Instructor, NRA Life Member, Member of Presidents Hundred Exceptional Marksmen, and Thompson/Center Shooting Staff Member. The Thompson/Center Cleland Match Hawken was designed by, and named after, Chad. In his free time (where does he find it?) he also enjoys shooting archery and participates in indoor archery leagues.

Thompson Center stopped the manufacturer of the Cleland Match Rifle several years ago. The new price then was around $625.00. I have the Cleland Rifle and it will shoot round balls about as good or better than aanything else out there. it has a heavy barrel, 1" at the flats and .40 cal. I shoot .400 or .395 balls .017 patches and 50 grains Goex 3f with CCI Magnum #11 caps.
The rifle should be worth $600.00-$700.00 in near mint condition,
Good luck with the sale.
bpwrl

Rat Trapper said:
I had been wondering about those guns. In the last year I have seen them shown on several web sites for sale as a hard to get item. TC does not list them in their catalog. So I was wondering who was making them? Are they done in TC's custom shop?
No, TC only made some for a couple years then discontinued them

Like the T/C Silver Elite, the Cleland Match rifle was a limited issue. 600 I believe. I have both and won't part with either. The match rifle is my favorite when competing.

I just had GM make a Flint version of their .40cal round ball drop-in barrel for a TC Hawken stock...15/16" x 33" x 1:48" with very deep grooves...will start playing with it after hunting seasons close

Back