• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Traditions Pennsylvania Rifle Value

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I need some advice on a rifle I'm thinking about buying. I found an older Traditions Pennsylvania percussion rifle in decent condition. It's one of the earlier ones with the 40 inch barrel and a really nice one piece stock with lots of brass inlays. Barrel is marked "Ardesa Spain 50 caliber black powder."

What year did they stop selling the long barrel? I know they still make them with the 35 inch barrel.

Guy wants $730 shipped insured. Is that a good price? The new ones with the short barrel are selling for around $850.

One just sold the end of November at an online / in person gun auction (Sunrise Antiques) for $350 + 20% + 7% NJ tax.
Bastage outbid me at the last minute

New to the forum but was actually coming on here to try to sell or trade my Traditions Pennsylvania Rifle Flintlock. Since I am new I don't think I can send PMs yet. I love the gun and it shoots a patched round ball very accurately. Have hunted with it for years so it definitely has some wear but is still a pretty piece of equipment. Its an older long version with 1:66 twist, bought about 25 years ago.

New to the forum but was actually coming on here to try to sell or trade my Traditions Pennsylvania Rifle Flintlock. Since I am new I don't think I can send PMs yet. I love the gun and it shoots a patched round ball very accurately. Have hunted with it for years so it definitely has some wear but is still a pretty piece of equipment. Its an older long version with 1:66 twist, bought about 25 years ago.
Not a salesman but If you become a forum supporter your options on here will be increased. Doesn’t cost much and It’s more than worth it. I’m fairly new myself and I’m amazed by the mountain of information available, as well as the number of great members on here.

You will need to be on the forum for a few weeks and make several postings. Then you can list your rifle in the classified forum. The Forum rules will explain the number of postings and the initial wait time.

Back