• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C barrel marks??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a 50 cal t/c renegade that has a five digit serial # that has no black powder warnings on the barrel and does not say renegade on it. It does have a M or W on the bottom of the barrel. I have a 45 cal t/c Seneca with a four digit serial # that has no warnings, does not say Seneca, and has a star on the bottom of the barrel. I have a 32 cal. t/c Cherokee with a four digit serial #, does not have Cherokee on it, does have black powder warnings and has no marks under the barrel. Finally I have a 50 cal. t/c Hawken that has Hawken on the barrel, no warnings, nothing under the barrel and and no serial #!!! My friends 50 cal. Hawkens has serial # and M or W under the barrel. Is there anything to be learned as to date of manufacture from any of this? Didnt Sharon Barrel co. make some of t/c's barrels early on? Anyone have any info on T/c's barrel marks?..Thanx.......Ramblin Man

I spoke with a old timer at t/c he stated the heart or spade under the barrel were Sharon barrels don;t remember the rest but I did remember him say if it has a stamp saying the model like hawkens renegade these are t/c barrel;
I myself have 2 flinter barrels one a hawkens and the other a renegade flinter both have no models on them both are 4 or 5 digit serial number and both will drive tack RB'S with heavy charges of 3F goex PB 90 to 100 grains.
I just sold a 45 flinter again no marking 4 didgit serial number barrel only reason I bought another toy.

Back