• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C 20 gauge Hawkens

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy Bays

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Torow I have the chance to purchase a 20 gauge smoothbore Thompson Center flintlock for $450, I did fire it and ithe ignites and shot well. Is this a decent price on something like this? Faidly sure the barrel is aftermarket ( maybe not), as I have not seen a T/C in the .62 cal.
It has a Trade gun look with the serpent side plate and tacks.
Thanks for the help

Sounds like a fair price if it’s in good shape.

It’s probably a Green Mountain barrel ...

Is it 15/16” or 1” ?

I had a 1” GM barrel on a Renegade stock once.
It made a decent hunting gun.

Cool , wonder if I could get a smooth bore for my Lyman Great Plains hunter

20201115_205313.jpg
20201115_205343.jpg
20201115_205305.jpg
20201115_205259.jpg

Jeremy,
That is a beautiful gun and you got it for an excellent price. I’m more than a bit enviou...

I had no idea that T/C ever made a “trade gun”. The lock is definitely of Thompson manufacture but nothing else looks like T/C. Most unique!

I could be wrong but I don't think T/C made a trade gun. I'm thinking someone added the trigger guard, barrel, side plate and tacks to make a good looking version of a trade gun.
Btw, Sharon barrels are highly regarded by those in the know.
Well done on your find, enjoy it.

I have to get in on this one. Having a dozen or so TC Hawken's, that one you bought is just what Eterry see's.
TC didn't make a trade rifle. This was a Hawken that one of the previous owners embellished with bling to
add to the look and personalize it for identification. I like what they did, it would fit in the Revenant.
After seeing yours and having a GM 62 SB, you got me thinking. To bad mines a cap lock and blued.
All in all, ya dun good, ya dun real good.

Fun!
Found a old/new invest arms .54 smooth 22”barrel recently
Haven’t shot it yet - looking forward to playing around with it

I Had a friend put some sights on and thimble to this hooked breech 20 gauge from totw barrel.Its on a renegade but the stock was in the way to look down the barrel ,,,but no more i scalped it .Done

Attachments

• DSCF1248.JPG
    DSCF1248.JPG
    186.9 KB · Views: 70
That’s a TC Hawken that has been customized my friend. Beautifully done I might add!

Trigger guard and aftermarket barrel. Tacked up to resemble a Trade Gun from some of the existing examples. Person that did the work did a little research and had an idea what he or she wanted to achieve.

I’d definitely pay the asking price depending on bore condition?

Respectfully, Cowboy

Back