• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CLOSED Swiss black powder in stock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TxGR

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I am looking for 2F and 3F Swiss Blackpowder, preferably both in stock at the same store. 4F would be a bonus. Graf's is mostly out and Buffalo is totally out, as are Midway, Midsouth, and Natchez. Who haven't I tried yet?

Try Toby at Travelers Antique & Trading.....

806-470-4130
I looked at Products – Traveler’s Antiques and Trading and their HAZmat fee is $48 while all the other places are $22.99 to $25 per package, or the HAZmat fee is buried in the price. I'll need to setup orders to compare apples to apples.

TrackOfTheWolf sells powder too, but only in lots of 25#. That is a lot of powder. I found a few other places.

Thanks for all the leads.

You can sign up at Buffalo Arms for in-stock notifications, though that won't help any immediate requirement.
Right, I've done that before. Usually when they get in one thing, they then run out of something else when I am trying to combine items into a single order.

My bigger concern is even with GOEX returning to operations, I am concerned about the availability in the next year. I wanted to "stock up" with maybe 10 lbs, which is probably enough for me for a couple of years.

Well, all I can say is to be persistent and keep looking. I personally check on a number of websites at least daily for various supplies and sooner or later what I'm looking for turns up. Buy more than you think you'll need when you can, which helps to smooth out the dips in availability longer term.

Has anyone ever used any of these sites before:
Home - mainepowderhouse.com
HOME - Midwest Reloads
Home
Home - Shooter's Choice Pro Shop

There is a bit of similarity among them. I get a little "faux site" vibe from them. There is a site that bills itself as Dan Wesson which has every model they ever made in stock, and at very good prices...except the site is a total fraud. I wouldn't expect the Dan Wesson market was large enough to run such an involved and complex scam, but apparently it is.

On the real Dan Wesson site there is a warning, but there is nothing they can do about the bogus site.

addictedtoblackpowder.com

I have had good luck with these guys. Shows in stock but you gotta call to verify and hit or miss on insane HAZ MAT. I ordered 10lbs at a time. The guys kinda grumpy when you call but they are legit and fast.

I need to get a few pounds of the re-enactor powder for next spring. I don't want to use my good powder for re-enactments.
Ohio Rusty ><>

Just ordered from travelers and antiques, $28 a lb for Swiss which is pretty good but hazmat and shipping were high. Figured it all comes out even, or close enough, in the end. Got enough for me to last a couple years hopefully.

Has anyone ever used any of these sites before:
Home - mainepowderhouse.com
HOME - Midwest Reloads
Home
Home - Shooter's Choice Pro Shop

There is a bit of similarity among them. I get a little "faux site" vibe from them. There is a site that bills itself as Dan Wesson which has every model they ever made in stock, and at very good prices...except the site is a total fraud. I wouldn't expect the Dan Wesson market was large enough to run such an involved and complex scam, but apparently it is.

On the real Dan Wesson site there is a warning, but there is nothing they can do about the bogus site.
I’ve ordered through Maine Powder House, great guy to deal with. Once you order or I guess you can sign up he will send you a newsletter throughout the year telling you about prices and stock quantities. The other day I just got one and he was talking about UPS raising the shipping rates after the first of the year. So you might as well order sooner rather than later before it goes up.

ETA- if you want the owners phone number dm me, he puts it on his emails and says to text for a quick response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back