• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sunday hunting?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ontario Canada - Sunday "GUN" hunting is allowed on a Provincial level but each county can opt in/out.

My county (where I hunt) opted in three or four years back, there are still a number where you can not hunt with a "gun" on Sunday - bows have always been allowed...

No Sunday hunting in Pennsylvania. It's being debated now, but I'm not holding out a lot of hope.

Sunday hunting is legal in Kentucky, large game and small, all weapons, statewide.

We are a pretty radical bunch, women here can even kiss their children on Sunday.

Spence

Michigan allows all types of hunting on Sunday, but there are a few towns, counties and townships that don't allow it.

Probably the same ones that are dry on Sunday. :idunno:

North Carolina, no hunting on public land on Sunday, on private land Sunday archery and falconry only.

Blue laws? You want 'em we got them, at least most until just recently. As said, no hunting in CT. on Sunday. But also, it's been less than a year that liqueur stores can be open on Sunday, and we aren't one of those states that sells beer and wine in convenience store and liqueur in liqueur stores. Until last year you could not buy beer, wine, or liquer on Sunday at any store. So now we can't hunt on Sunday but we can get boozed up. :td:

I hate this state.

I grew up in a place where hunting season started early in the morning and ended late at night. After chasing hares thru the fields shooting from the back of the truck or from the rolled down windows of the car.Sometimes it just ended earlier, when you run out of ammo.
So it was a bit of a shock for me when I had to follow the rules of my new land, and found out that , not only you needed a hunting/fishing license, but that you couldn't hunt on Sunday.
I just learned to accept that.

The governor of Virginia passed it this year. When hunting on private land you have to have written permission that states you can hunt on Sunday. Even on private leases. I believe you can't hunt on WMA land yet.

In Maryland, for the last few years, we have been able to DEER hunt on a handful of Sundays on PRIVATE LAND ONLY. However, it is on a county by county basis. This has been slowly expanding over the last couple of years, but an attempt to expand this in the Western part of the state has been temporarily derailed due to protests from the horse riders and bird watchers who seem poised to fight all Sunday hunting on grounds that they want 1 day a week they can feel safe in the woods. Of course since we are talking about private land only, if they aren't trespassing in the first place, they shouldn't have anything to worry about.

But WATCH OUT in VA, as some CITIES & COUNTIES still prohibit hunting on Sunday, by local ordinance.
(The fines are HIGH in a lot of local areas.)

yours, satx

They play that one day a week card all the time. No mention that they have the woods and fields 7 days a week all the rest of the year. Or of the fact that they are safer afield during hunting season (unless they wear brown clothes with white trim) than they are at most sporting events, and much safer than on any interstate road or highway.

:cursing: The "one day a week thing" sounds like another variation of what we get told in this state all the time..."the farmers think the deer need a day of rest too." or some similar statement based on nothing! I've worked in many counties over the years and had to deal with many of these farmers. I never once got told by someone griping about too many deer that he wanted them to have a day of rest. It's just politics as usual. The same type of folks that made it legal to hunt crows on Friday, Saturday and SUNDAY here when they were possibly going to lose crow hunting altogether. It is also legal to hunt foxes on SUNDAY here. Care to ponder who got that one ppushed through?

Sorry for the rant. I've been watching this thread since day one and I can't bite my tongue (or, rather, control my fingers any longer).

Some misinformation about pa. You can hunt crows and coyotes on Sundays. It was legal to hunt hogs 24-7 until 3 yrs ago. Now they are a game animal requiring a license and now no Sundays.

A small but troublesome group of slob hunters are so brazen that they will ignore posted signs, drive deer off private property and harass landowners. I have been threatened by hunters while I stood at my barn surrounded by posted signs. The slobs don't fear the police or trespass charges but they fear getting nailed for Sunday hunting by a WCO.

Latest posts

Back