• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Success

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mowolf

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I dropped this doe yesterday, .50 Traditions KY, I built using .490 rb I molded and my own bees wax olive oil lube.

DCP_0015.jpg

:thumbsup: congrats...nice looking stock on that
traditions kentucky too...

Congrats! :hatsoff:

And that is the purtiest stock I think I ever saw on a Traditions rifle. :thumbsup:

Congrats on the nice doe, and a fine looking rifle. It sure means a lot when you do it all yourself.

Congrats and Waidmanns Heil from Bavaria. Looks like a shot into the lounges?How far did it went?

Congratulations on a fine looking doe. Very nice rifle and bag & horn.
How long of a shot was it??

snagg

Boy you sure got alot prettier wood on your Ky. than I did. Mine isnt evan map;e but beach.

Congrats on the doe too. Better than I have done this year.

Berk

30 yard shot, she ran about 25 yards and dropped. Shot out her lungs and cut the heart in half. RB did NOT go through.

The stock is a standard Traditions wood. However, I did a faux tiger stripe using a vinegar based stain, similar to how Leman did his stocks. Someday I will inlet the Leman patch box I have for the rifle, finished with Tung oil and waxed with the same concotion I use for lube.

Waya :hatsoff:

Your set up looks like mine. I also have the traditions kentucky. It's an inexpensive rifle and nothing fancy about it but its a slow twist for prb and I have not had any problems with mine

You are right it is an inexpensive kit rifle. However, it is a fantastic shooter. When I do my part it shoots 3 shot groups that can be covered with a quarter at 50 yards. Only other rifle I have that shots as good is my Investarms Hawken .45. Both of which shoot circles around my TC Hawken .50.

The horn was the first horn I made, it came from a nephews cow. I made two horns and gave one to him, which is on display in his living room. Still trying to convert him to the light from the dark side (modern ?) suppository stuff.

Waya :rotf:

Congratulations! It must be especially rewarding to have used your own handi-work for the hunt. :thumbsup:

Back