• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Study: Hunters Die After Consuming CWD-Infected Venison

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In 2022, a 72-year-old man with a history of consuming meat from a CWD-infected deer population presented with rapid-onset confusion and aggression.
I didn't know Joe liked venison. Explains everything
All kidding aside, we need to make sure people, including scientists, are not aiming to take away our deer hunting rights.
Thats my second thought, first was consider the source, MSN, MSDNC, same /same, second thought was they don't need guns if they can't hunt! and if they cant hunt they will have to depend on us for food, and then they have total control!

Last edited:
I agree, but in the end, there may be no more deer.

Part of the problem here is that the deer have adapted sooo well, and we have removed the hunting pressure sooo much, that they are having twins a LOT, and triplets are now considered "uncommon" when 40 years ago, twins were "uncommon". We are up to our armpits in whitetails. It's RARE that I don't have to scoot past one going to and coming from work, maybe more than one. Had to avoid one this morning, in fact. Where I am I am legally allowed to take two bucks and ten doe..., 🤯 The best I've ever been able to do is three deer in one year, and one of those was tracked for a friend who shot two in one day (long story) and then got hurt looking for the one I later found. I don't have room to store more than two deer a season, so I share a lot of meat.

I digress...,

When the herd numbers are that high, groups have to range farther to keep feeding, and thus cross into areas impacted by other groups, and thus an infection has a much easier means of transmission. Eventually it will burn itself out, but will leave "hot zones" where the infected deer contaminated soil.

LD

If so it would be due to CWD.

It’s been in some states for well over 20 years and life goes on as usual.
Not quite as usual. Missouri has a very aggressive approach to dealing with it. The Conservation Department will send out shooters to kill as many deer as possible in an area with positive tests. It seems to be slowing the spread. They have changed the regulations in several ways to combat it, also, like removing the 4 point requirement for counties with reports of positive tests. No more salt blocks allowed, other than for cattle.

I know of one other state with a different setup for the DNR that takes a lot of political guff with dealing with the disease. Our department is independent from the legislature, so politics is kept out in a large degree.

Not quite as usual. Missouri has a very aggressive approach to dealing with it. The Conservation Department will send out shooters to kill as many deer as possible in an area with positive tests. It seems to be slowing the spread. They have changed the regulations in several ways to combat it, also, like removing the 4 point requirement for counties with reports of positive tests. No more salt blocks allowed, other than for cattle.

I know of one other state with a different setup for the DNR that takes a lot of political guff with dealing with the disease. Our department is independent from the legislature, so politics is kept out in a large degree.
Yet the sales tax on outdoor gear means they are not beholden to the hunting population purchasing permits either. Lots of tree-hugging, "trail" lesbians in MDC now. Used to be full of hunters and fishermen. They are getting fewer and fewer. Too much woke in MDC already.

This has nothing to do with an attempt to remove guns or hunting, blah blah blah. Take your tinfoil hats off.

It was not even intended to be research, but was just some sort of poster presentation that a med student did and then a news outlet or two got a hold of it and apparently needed a few more clicks.

Yet the sales tax on outdoor gear means they are not beholden to the hunting population purchasing permits either. Lots of tree-hugging, "trail" lesbians in MDC now. Used to be full of hunters and fishermen. They are getting fewer and fewer. Too much woke in MDC already.
I used to work as a volunteer as a RSO on one of the state ranges. Even the women there were hunters. Not all gloom and doom.

That 1/8th percent is a general sales tax, same as the 1/8th for parks. It has added tremendously to the land acquisition for public hunting in the state. True, they are less dependent on license sales for funding, but there would not be the shear number of hunting areas in the state without it.

A lot of that tax goes to reimburse local school districts for property tax lost due to property ownership going to the state. They really are not reducing hunting and fishing, but are adding other programs for the rest of the state's population.

Colorado has had it since the 60’s. Lots of Pennsylvanians still make their annual pilgrimage out there to hunt. I don’t think it’s as big a deal as some do.

Wait til it gets in the PA elk herd. Our game commission will melt down!

I suspect those who flocked to the clinics and got COVID vaccinations will freak out over this.
Don’t worry. I read this morning that they are working on CWD vaccinations and should have them out by deer season this year and you will have to show your vaccine records to get your deer tags. LOL

Been reading up on it, posted here and there on threads about it. Well, its in AL now (Lauderdale Co).

I ain't scared, I'm so dang old thats the least of my worries, but I'm not putting my head in the sand either. I'll just monitor from the sidelines and listen to y'all debate lol.

Last edited:
This has nothing to do with an attempt to remove guns or hunting, blah blah blah. Take your tinfoil hats off.

It was not even intended to be research, but was just some sort of poster presentation that a med student did and then a news outlet or two got a hold of it and apparently needed a few more clicks.
Someone trying to gain recognition and the evil MSM doing what they do best.........spread fear.

At this time its all speculation. Nothing has been proven and even if someone claims to have proof, I still will not believe it unless it becomes wide spread. Too many lies, too many people (scientists and others) that are payed by certain groups, certain people or government agencies to produce certain "facts". If any of the above produce information contrary to what whoever is funding them wants to hear, then the funding dries up. There has been scientists that have admitted this, especially on the climate emergency scam.

However, the the war on meat is for real and yes, certain well funded groups and the evil powers that be do want to stop hunting and take our guns. Make no mistake about this. There are no tin foil hats on that whatsoever.

Last edited:
Someone trying to gain recognition and the evil MSM doing what they do best.........spread fear.

At this time its all speculation. Nothing has been proven and even if someone claims to have proof, I still will not believe it unless it becomes wide spread. Too many lies, too many people (scientists and others) that are payed by certain groups, certain people or government agencies to produce certain "facts". If any of the above produce information contrary to what whoever is funding them wants to hear, then the funding dries up. There has been scientists that have admitted this, especially on the climate emergency scam.

However, the the war on meat is for real and yes, certain well funded groups and the evil powers that be do want to stop hunting and take our guns. Make no mistake about this. There are no tin foil hats on that whatsoever.
You are spot on. It is always about the guns, the hunting, the meat, our way of life. Everything “we” do, just pisses them off.

Back