• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Stuck Bore Brush

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So how about taking a clothes hanger and straighten it out then put a hook in one end. Run it down past the brush wiggle it around some and see if you can grab the brush and pull it out?
Try finding a wire hanger these days. We threw all of ours out years ago. But I may try and scrounge a few up, as your suggestion is a very sound and inexpensive one.

Am I the only one that thinks that looks like it's been soaked in evaporust or some similar product. The color and overall appearance are just like super crusty items I've cleaned with it. Also the surface texture on the rear of the barrel matches the breach plug?
Lucky the main spring didn’t blow up. Mine did. @FlinterNick sent me an article explaining why.

So how about taking a clothes hanger and straighten it out then put a hook in one end. Run it down past the brush wiggle it around some and see if you can grab the brush and pull it out?
Since @BigSkyRambler was able to remove the brush, he doesn't really need any more advice. However, a wire clothes hangar can be spiral wound to thread on a wooden ramrod with enough of the spiral left to thread through the brush. the spiral hangar will clamp down on the wooden rod and the brush can be pulled out. Now, he will have a tow worm to wrap a ball of tow into and there won't be a need for a bronze brush that will get stuck again.

1690984591310.gif

Back